Facilitate Sustainable Development and Beneficial Infrastructure
Work as an engineer in the upcoming decades having the chance to play a critical role in making the world a better place. In fact, students at Michigan Tech are getting a head start—by helping to facilitate sustainable development, appropriate technology, beneficial infrastructure, and social change—while they are still in school. Choose from these certificates in structural engineering, follow the link to more information about each certificate:
- Advanced Analysis - Develop advanced skills for creatively and holistically examining and designing structures for safety, durability, aesthetics, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Building Design - Get integrated training in the theory, analysis, and design of buildings and put your creativity, pragmatism, and technical expertise to work.
- Bridge Analysis and Design - Learn to creatively apply the AASHTO LRFD provisions through practical exercises.
- Hazard Analysis - Learn professional techniques for determining the risk of environmental load effects applied to structures.
- Timber Building Design - Gain the ability to design timber structures, with an emphasis on timber buildings and the potential of wood as an alternative to steel and concrete for environmental sustainability.
This online certificate is for qualified professionals who want to enhance their skill set and can be a foundation to continue toward a graduate degree. It is also valuable for degree-seeking students looking to develop a concentration that gives them an edge in their career path.
Advance Your Career
Enhance your career by opening new job opportunities with an advanced graduate certificate online. Our graduates work in government service, the nonprofit sector (both in the U.S. and abroad), and industry. Commit to growing your knowledge areas and to becoming an expert. Employers recognize advanced training—a graduate certificate may qualify you for leadership opportunities, project management responsibilities, or the chance to work on more complicated or sophisticated projects. Stand out by graduating from the #18 national university for public service (Washington Monthly).
About Michigan Tech
Michigan Tech is a public research university founded in 1885. Our Graduate School offers 40 master's degree programs and 27 PhD programs to provide our students and the world with what tomorrow needs.