- EERC 518
- Lecturer, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
- PhD, Management Science and Technology, Tohoku University, Japan
- MS, Nuclear Engineering, Shiraz University, Iran
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Iran
Aref Majdara received his BS degree in Electrical Engineering from Shahid Beheshti University, Iran, in 2002. He then received an MS degree in Nuclear Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran, in 2006, as well as a PhD degree in Management Science and Technology from Tohoku University, Japan, in 2009. He received his second PhD degree, in Electrical Engineering, from Michigan Tech, in 2018. His PhD research was on developing computationally efficient algorithms for high-dimensional density estimation, with a focus on online density estimation. During his PhD, he also worked as a Teaching Assistant for over three years, teaching various EE labs.
Since Fall 2018, he started working as a Lecturer at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Tech. His teaching interests include Circuits, Microcontrollers, Embedded Systems, and DSP. His main research interests include analysis of high-dimensional data, machine learning, signal processing and parallel computing.
Areas of Interest
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Signal Processing
- Parallel Computing
- Microcontroller Applications (EE3171)
- Electric Circuits II (EE2112)