- E-Club helps students build momentum in entrepreneurial endeavors and educates them on best practices.
- Club meetings include entrepreneur guest speakers.
- E-Club co-hosts the Elevator Pitch Competition. This is an annual business competition at Michigan Tech which is open to the public. During this competition, e-Club helps students with business ideas prepare their pitch and provides suggestions on where to gather information to strengthen their ideas.
- E-Club participates in the Central Michigan University’s New Venture Competition and also aides in the organization and delivery of the program.
Entrepreneurship Club Description
This group offers inspiration and support for any student who aspires to become an entrepreneur. There are also opportunities to make friends, share business ideas, develop professional networks and build teams for competitions.
Several startup companies have emerged from Entrepreneurship Club:
- Huskies4Hire - a company that connects Michigan Tech faculty and staff with students who are looking for odd jobs
- Superior Filament - "Changing the World, One Spool of Filament at a Time". Manufactures 3D-printed filament using recycled and bio-degradable plastics.
- We Inspire – a company that connects students with professionals at a high school level in order to inspire young adults to find their passions.
- 1st Element - sunglasses are handcrafted from bamboo. Made from eco-friendly products, all the while being very stylish, comfortable, and sustainable.
E-Club also co-hosts the Elevator Pitch Competition and assists with the coordination of Central Michigan University’s New Venture Competition.
E-Club mission statement is established to develop, encourage and support the spirit of entrepreneurship at Michigan Tech.