Please take a moment and provide feedback from your experience at Parent and Family Orientation 2018. Click here to provide feedback.
Saturday and Sunday, August 25–26, 2018
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a campus tour, a variety of information sessions, the University Welcome, and a family social. Most Parent and Family Orientation activities conclude on Sunday by 3 p.m.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in their transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
The presentations from Parent and Family Orientation 2018 are linked below.
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings in grades 5 to 12 can have their own fun and exciting experience! Activities include exploring campus, observing Mind Trekker demos, and chilling out with Counseling Services. A small snack will be provided. Pre-registration is required and session is at capacity.
For more information regarding activities and events during the fall semester, please check out the Fall Calendar for Parents.