Parents and Family
Saturday & Sunday, August 20 & 21, 2016
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a dessert social, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars. The majority of activities will conclude by Sunday at 4pm.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in his or her transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
Cost: $15.00 per sibling
Where: Memorial Union Ballroom
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings can have their own fun and exciting experience! Siblings will be placed in groups based on their grade level.
The cost for participation is $15.00, which includes all supplies and lunch. Pre-registration is required. Registration for Fall 2016 is not open yet.
For further information, contact the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success.
2015 Information Sessions
- Parent & Family Orientation 2015 Handout
- The Expectations for College Writing and the Role of the Michigan Tech Multiliteracies Center
- Global Leadership & Involvement Opportunities at Michigan Tech A Guide to Academic Success
- ExSEL Program
- Leaders in Letters: A Parent's Guide to Fraternity and Sorority Life