Parents and Family
Please take a moment and provide feedback from your experience at Parent and Family Orientation 2017. Thank you!
Saturday and Sunday, August 26–27, 2017
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a dessert social, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars. The majority of activities will conclude by Sunday at 3pm.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in his or her transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
2017 Information Sessions
- Academic Challenges, Habits, and Resources
- Career Services
- Dining Services
- ExSEL Program
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Health Matters
- Pavlis Honors College
- Reading as Inquiry
- Study Abroad
- Student Involvement
Date: Sunday, August 27, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Where: Douglass Houghton Hall (31), Ballroom
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings can have their own fun and exciting experience! Siblings will be placed in groups based on their grade level. Sibling orientation is appropriate for children in grades 5 to 12. Activities include having their picture taken with Blizzard, observing Mind Trekker demos, and chilling out with Counseling Services. A small snack will be provided.
For further information, contact the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success.