Parent and Family Orientation
As Parents and Family of incoming First-Year students, the Waino Wahtera Center has created the following video for parents with some tips on how to have a successful transition for both students and parents.
Saturday and Sunday, August 24–25, 2019
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with the University Welcome and Welcome Social, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include the Parent Welcome, a campus tour, and a variety of information sessions. Most Parent and Family Orientation activities conclude on Sunday by 12 p.m.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in their transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
For those of you who were unable to attend or would like to review this year's Parent Orientation session, you may view this recording here.
Below are Presentations that were conducted for parents during Orientation. Click on the title to download the pdf's.
- Get Involved
- ExSEL Presentation
- Career Services-More than just a Resume
- Fall Semester for your students-challenges, opportunities and resources
- Parent Orientation Handout
- Study Abroad
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings in grades 5 to 12 can have their own fun and exciting experience! Activities include exploring campus, observing Mind Trekker demos, and experiencing what is unique about Michigan Tech. A small snack will be provided. Pre-registration is required. Please fill out the attached form.