To schedule a 30 minute in-person or Google meet (upon request) appointment with Student Disability Services, please use the "Make an Appointment" button below.  Please call 906-487-3558 with any questions.

Student Disability Services at Michigan Tech is available to all students. Our office provides academic support, temporary, and ongoing accommodations for those students with documented needs. If a student does not have documentation of a disability but is seeking information or support we encourage them to visit with our Coordinator of Student Disability Services to discuss their options. All students interested in either obtaining accommodations or discussing their options should make an appointment as early as possible in their first semester.

Watch ESA, Service Animals, & MTU Housing Accommodations video
Preview image for ESA, Service Animals, & MTU Housing Accommodations video

ESA, Service Animals, & MTU Housing Accommodations

Watch Obtaining Accommodations at Michigan Tech video
Preview image for Obtaining Accommodations at Michigan Tech video

Obtaining Accommodations at Michigan Tech

Submitting Documentation

Please fill out the Student Disability Services Accommodation Request Form and upload all documentation you have to the Student Disability Documentation Submission form. Evaluations have to be on the letterhead of an appropriate professional and address each of the listed guidelines. For information about our documentation policy, please review the Student Disability Policy and information about Documenting a Disability. If you have any questions, email or call 906-487-3558.

For documenting Emotional Support Animals (ESA) or Service Animals (SA), please read the ESA/SA guide and use the following forms:

Student Disability Services Guide to Requesting Permission to Keep an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) or Service Dog (SA) in Housing

Request an Emotional Support Animal (ESA)
Important: This form is to be completed by a licensed psychiatrist, therapist, or master level clinical social worker and the student.

ESA Policy and Procedures

Request a Service Dog in Housing (Form C)

Failure to register a disability with the Student Disability office in a timely manner will lead to delays in receiving services.

While we will review IEP/504 Plans, these tend not to be as helpful in assisting students as actual diagnostic test results with interpretations from medical specialists.

If you have further questions, please call us at 906-487–3558.

Available Accommodations

We offer many accommodations for students who provide supporting documentation of a disability. These range from accommodations in the classroom to special software on all computers in the library. Review a list of these accommodations.  Read our Guide to Setting Up Your Accommodations.

Faculty who are looking for detailed descriptions of classroom accommodations can find them separately through our online definitions.