An Afternoon on the Town
An Afternoon on the Town is an opportunity for local businesses/services to welcome students and show them what they have to offer. All area businesses and groups are invited to participate and all students are welcome to attend!
An Afternoon on the Town will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2022 from 11 AM to 3 PM.
This event is sponsored by: Student Leadership and Involvement, Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success, and Residence Education and Housing Services.
Thank you to all of our 2022 Prize Donors, including: Incredible Bank, Border Grill, Magic Kiln Studios, Chickadees, Swift Hardware, the League of Women Voters, ReFill UP, and Vertin Gallery. We are still accepting donations! Contact us today about your contribution.
Information for Students:
Afternoon on the Town
Starting on campus, down College Avenue, and throughout the downtown Houghton area there will be music, refreshments, and giveaways for student participants. Students will also be entered to win prizes after tapping their ID's at BOTH tapper locations on the route. The first tap in station and start of the route will be located on the north side of the Administration Building. The second tap location will be located downtown on the south side of Shelden Avenue across from Ambassador. Details of the 2022 event will be added soon, but check out our participants from 2021 on the map below!
Information for Businesses:
Registration for An Afternoon on the Town is now open. Groups may register using the form below or by calling our office at 906-487-1963. A staff member will be happy to assist you.
When registering, please keep in mind:
- There is no registration fee
- The registration deadline will be Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- This is your opportunity to connect with the students of Michigan Tech and allow them to get to know the services that are within distance of their new home in the Keweenaw!
- Advertise services, specials, and what makes your business/group unique
- You are asked to refrain from selling any type of food or merchandise at your table
If you would like to provide food samples please refer to this website for permits, rules and regulations set forth by the Health Department: https://www.wupdhd.org/resources-for-food-establishments/
- Please remember to respect noise ordinances
- Each business is responsible for cleaning up their space after the event
Questions? Please contact Student Leadership and Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-487-1963.
See you at An Afternoon on the Town!