An Afternoon on the Town
An Afternoon on the Town is a Michigan Tech event that invites local businesses/services to welcome our students and show them what they have to offer. Businesses and groups are invited to participate in-person, virtual, or both!
Sponsored by: Student Leadership and Involvement, Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success, and Residence Education and Housing Services.
All area businesses and non-profit organizations are invited to participate in the An Afternoon on the Town held on Saturday, August 28, 2021. Come prepared with information, materials, offers, deals, and handouts to let the college students know you are interested in their patronage.
Students participate to win prizes and receive giveaways.
Afternoon on the Town (In Person)
Starting on campus, down College Avenue, and throughout the downtown Houghton area there will be music, refreshments, giveaways, and prizes for student participants. Students will be entered to win prizes after tapping their ID's at BOTH tapper locations on their route.
Afternoon on the Town (Virtual)
Students are invited to engage with a virtual map of the Keweenaw. Here is the link to the map. They will learn information about the businesses and services registered, fun facts, and how to travel to their location from their Residence Hall. They will also have an opportunity to win prizes.
An Afternoon on the Town 2021 Business Map
Click the button below to see what the Keweenaw area has to offer!
Helpful Information for Businesses:
- There is no registration fee.
- The registration deadline was Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- This is your opportunity to connect with the students at Michigan Tech.
- Allow students to get to know the services that are within distance of their new home in the Keweenaw!
- Advertise services, specials, and what makes your business/group unique.
- You are asked to please refrain from selling any type of food or merchandise at your table.
If you would like to provide food samples please refer to this website for permits, rules and regulations set forth by the Health Department: https://www.wupdhd.org/resources-for-food-establishments/
- Please remember to respect noise ordinances.
- Each business is responsible for cleaning up their space after the event.
Questions? Please contact Student Leadership and Involvement at email@example.com
or call 906-487-1963.
See you at An Afternoon on the Town!