Peter A. Larsen
- Director, Research Development
- Enhancement of the research environment for external proposal success through networking/collaboration/information sharing events and related campus-wide efforts.
- Pre-submission assistance for proposals (federal, state, foundation, and others), in particular large and strategic university initiatives
- Assist investigators with internal research processes (e.g., cost sharing, budget strategy, research administration)
- Proposal development assistance: writing, editing, and assistance with submission logistics
- Development of non-technical proposal sections (e.g., broader impacts, education, management, and outreach plans.
For the academic year 2019-20, he dedicates research development support to the Institute of Computing and Cybersystems. ICC members can reach out to him directly for prioritized proposal support.
- When not in the office, can usually be found camping in the Keweenaw
- Associate Director of Research Development
- Pre-submission assistance for federal and state sponsored proposals
- Proposal development—writing, editing, gathering required items for submission
- Manage the proposal development process (coordinating milestones, internal deadlines, meetings, e-mail reminders, etc.)
- Support for early career faculty including assisting in finding funding opportunities, navigating processes at Michigan Tech, and developing white-papers and proposals
- For the academic year 2019-20, she dedicates research development support to the Health Research Institute (HRI). HRI members can reach out to her directly for prioritized proposal support.
- Gets super excited about summer
- Director of Federal Relations & Corporate Research
- Chief federal relations officer for the University.
- Build and maintain relationships with key legislative branch and executive branch officials, their staff members, and higher education and other policy advocates and associations.
- Develops and implements research strategies for engaging agencies, companies, and organizations.
- Associate Director of Corporate Research
- Develops and implements strategies for engaging agencies, companies and organizations to support sponsored research
- Engages with faculty and campus stakeholders to identify new opportunities and assist with proposal development