Associate Vice President for Research Development
- Associate Vice President for Research Development
- University Professor of Natural Resource Policy
- Joint Appointment in Social Sciences and CFRES
Areas of Expertise
- Climate change mitigation policy
- Arctic climate change impacts
- Energy conservation policy
- Renewable energy policy
- Indigeneity and climate policy
- Director of Federal Relations & Corporate Research
- Chief federal relations officer for the University.
- Build and maintain relationships with key legislative branch and executive branch officials, their staff members, and higher education and other policy advocates and associations.
- Develops and implements research strategies for engaging agencies, companies, and organizations.
Peter A. Larsen
- Director, Research Development
- Enhancement of the research environment for external proposal success through networking/collaboration/information sharing events and related campus-wide efforts.
- Pre-submission assistance for proposals (federal, state, foundation, and others), in particular large and strategic university initiatives
- Assist investigators with internal research processes (e.g., cost sharing, budget strategy, research administration)
- Proposal development assistance: writing, editing, and assistance with submission logistics
- Development of non-technical proposal sections (e.g., broader impacts, education, management, and outreach plans.
For the academic year 2019-20, he dedicates research development support to the Institute of Computing and Cybersystems. ICC members can reach out to him directly for prioritized proposal support.
- When not in the office, can usually be found camping in the Keweenaw
- Associate Director of Corporate Research
- Develops and implements strategies for engaging agencies, companies and organizations to support sponsored research
- Engages with faculty and campus stakeholders to identify new opportunities and assist with proposal development
- Director of Animal Research Protection Programs
- Coordinate and monitor activity that involves animal subjects
- Advise and assist researchers with applications and revisions that involve animal subjects
- Director of Human Research Protection Programs
- Lakeshore Center 332