In compliance with guidance from the State of Michigan and the University's current Health and Safety Level, the following guidance provides additional information for researchers:
- Return to Campus - Health and Safety Protocols
- Human Subjects Research Memo to Researchers - posted May 27, 2021
- Information Sheet about Participating in Research During COVID-19 - posted May 27, 2021
Research related FAQs have been organized by subject.
Vice President for Research Office Statement of Pandemic Research Guidance Principles
In addition to the Flex Team Statement: A Focus on Health, Well-being, and Education on COVID policies, the Vice President for Research Office Research Integrity team focuses on the following principles when making decisions about research policies during the COVID pandemic.
- Follow university, local, state, and national directives regarding COVID mitigation restrictions.
- Ensure that our pandemic-related research guidance is clear, timely, and consistent.
- Protect the physical and emotional health and safety of our researchers and students.
- Protect the careers of early-stage researchers and give extra consideration to graduate students nearing graduation when implementing COVID mitigation restrictions.
- Prioritize maintenance, functionality, and security of research infrastructure, such as Shared Facilities and multi-user equipment.
- Remember that undergraduates are students first and researchers second.
- Maintain a fair and equitable process for restarting research projects, accessing laboratories and providing research resources.
- Protect the university's supply chain of consumable and non-consumable laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Ensure as rapid a return to normal research activities as public health conditions permit.