Handling the needs of Michigan Tech as a Growing Research Institution
The Associate Vice President for Research Administration provides strategic leadership and direction while focusing on the planning, implementing, improving, and evaluating of the VPR administrative sponsored programs and sponsored accounting, industry contracting and the technology commercialization units while promoting operational improvements.
The role of the Associate Vice President for Research Administration is to help the unit efficiently handle the administrative needs of a growing research institution, improving the coordination of activities across divisions and serving researchers in a stronger capacity as the University achieves institutional research goals.
From the Associate VP for Research Administration
Jim Baker, Associate VP for Research Administration
- Negotiation of grant and contract terms and conditions
- Intellectual property strategy and licensing
- Startup business development
- Innovation and technology commercialization
- Intellectual property/patents
- Technology licensing
- Corporate research
- Spin-off/start-up business development