Are you enrolled in the Honors Pathway Program within the Pavlis Honors College? Have you taken or are you currently taking HON 2150? Will you be engaged in a study away activity with a strong community component this summer? Apply for a summer scholarship to support your “study away” endeavors.
What is study away?
Study away is an experience off-campus that is tied into your curriculum. For this scholarship, this experience must also have a strong community engagement component. Students who engage in one of the following during summer 2019 are invited to apply for this scholarship:
- A study abroad program for credit lasting at least 4 weeks.
- Community projects, volunteering, or research for your honors curriculum (honors immersion, project, or leadership/mentorship must be approved before scholarship is awarded). This experience could be local to global, as long as there is a strong community component.
How much is the scholarship?
Up to $2,000 per student for summer support of study away.
Ready to apply?
If you are a member of the Honors Pathway Program and would like to apply, submit this form by Friday, April 5, 2019.
You will need to provide the following in the application form:
- Your name and contact Information (email, phone, address: include both on-campus and summer)
- Where you will be studying away in summer 2019 (include name of program or organization, address/location, and brief description)
- Total time you will spend directly engaged in this program or activity
- Upload essay explaining how this study away experience articulates with your honors curriculum and will help you grow in your skills working with diverse communities. (200-300 words)
- Supplemental Documentation:
- If you will use this scholarship for a required component of your honors curriculum, submit the appropriate proposal form on Canvas in the Honors Pathway Program course at the same time that you submit the application.
- If you are going on a study abroad program that is not being used directly for one of your honors requirements, you will need to upload an acceptance letter/email from the program or an email confirmation from IPS that your application is complete and in review.