Submitting Funding Requests
Student organizations in need of funding for cultural programs or events may request
financial support from the Michigan Tech Cultural Event Fund.
Before applying for funding, please read and understand the Cultural Events Fund policy and evaluation rubric. Requests are evaluated based on the criteria in these documents; please use them in preparing your request.
Due the COVID-19 pandemic and the limitations to in-person events on campus. The Culture Events Fund committee is not accepting requests during the Fall 2020 semester. All supporting documentation should be emailed to email@example.com. Your request is not considered complete until all required materials are received.
What is a Cultural Event?
The purpose of the Cultural Event Fund is to increase the campus community's knowledge and/or appreciation of diversity and/or inclusion by providing financial support for student driven events and activities.
Examples of events that have been funded in the past:
- Cultural Nights (African Night, Chinese Night)
- Art Displays/Workshops/Dances (Soul Train)
- Performances/Celebrations (Pow Wow, Diwali Night, Chinese New Year)
- Diwali night
- Holi night
- Chinese night
- African night
- Norooz (Iranian night)
- Pow Wow
- Thai night
- Pride Week
- Fiesta Latina
- Cesar Chavez Tribute Dinner
- Martin Luther King Dinner
Students organizations looking to utilize the Cultural Events Fund, need to complete the following requirements:
- Submit an application
- Meet minimum rubric requirements
- Agree to not solicit the departments and individuals from the following list:
- Institutional Equity
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- International Programs and Services
- Graduate Student Government
- Michigan Tech Alumni Board of Directors
- Complete an event summary- event summaries are shared with the Cultural Events Fund Committee, and successful completion will help determine funding for future request
Apply for funding
Student organizations looking to apply for funding, need to complete this Google Form.
Cultural Events Fund Committee
- Michigan Tech Alumni Board of Directors (1)
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion (1) Treasurer
- USG (1) Chair
- GSG (1)
- IPS (1)