The Finance Club at Michigan Tech, supported by the Undergraduate Student Government and the College of Business, promotes interest in and knowledge of the field of finance.
- Take annual trips to visit mutual funds, the Federal Reserve, investment firms, and the futures and options exchange market in the Midwest.
- Compete in stock trading simulation competitions throughout the year for the chance to learn more about the stock market and earn scholarships.
- Learn and hear from leaders in the financial industry from a variety of companies and backgrounds.
Objectives of the Finance Club are:
- To increase interest in finance among Michigan Tech students by relating the experiences of students, professors, and alumni.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the finance industry, including its related jobs and certificates.
- To guide students in pursuit of careers in finance by providing resume reviews, mock interviews, and counseling.
- To help members with their interpersonal skills such as leadership and presentation skills.