- Dow 726
- Associate Teaching Professor, Nursing, Biological Sciences
- MSN, Health Care Education, University of Phoenix
- BSN, Accounting, Moscow Financial University, Russia
- RN, Gogebic Community College
- LPN, Gogebic Community College
Irina has been a nursing educator and academic advisor for over eight years. While working at the College of Health Sciences, Finlandia University, she received a Rising Star Faculty Award from the Board of Trustees recognizing her contribution to teaching and service. Beyond working in the academic field, Irina has been serving the local community her entire nursing career by carrying out volunteering responsibilities as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) at Dial Help, Inc. and performing nursing duties of care in varying settings of the modern healthcare system. These include but are not limited to the orthopedic clinic at UP Health System – Portage, the family center at UGLFHC, Canal View medical care facility, and Mollen and Summit Health immunization clinics. Her professional background and work experience led to the BOT member position at the UP Health System – Portage where Irina was actively involved in achieving the organizational mission of providing excellent care to the community.
Irina enjoys traveling, likes to explore cultural diversity, and is interested in various approaches to population health improvement. Looking for opportunities to share her passion with nursing students, she developed and conducted a study abroad course in London, which broadened the students’ view on the chronic disease management concept.
Her office is Dow 726. Irina’s door is always open for students and their family members as well as MTU employees and community members.
International learning experience
Chronic Disease Management
- Dosage Calculations
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- Clinical Practice
- Introduction to Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Nursing Theory
- Medical Terminology
- Healthcare Finances
- Chronic Disease Management through the Eyes of British Culture
- "Technology Management as a Tool for Learning Outcomes Improvement", I. Sergeyeva & A. Sergeyev Fall/Winter 2016, vol. 17, no.1 issue of the TIIJ (Technology Interface International Journal)