Local and Campus Resources
The University will take care to protect the privacy of reporting parties and others participating in or contributing to the investigation and resolution of complaints/incidents. Only individuals with a "need to know," such as the other party(s), witnesses, and appropriate University administrators/investigators, will receive information regarding the complaint/incident. Information will only be shared with these individuals when necessary.
- Title IX Coordinator, Kirsti Arko, at email@example.com, 906-487-3310, Administration Building 306
- Public Safety and Police Services: 906-487-2216 or dial 9-1-1 in case of an emergency
- Safe Walk - a Public Safety and Police Services program for escorts
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form
- Discrimination, Harassment, and/or Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form (PDF version)
- Report a Concern
- Tip Line: Members of the Michigan Tech community may report items of concern using the anonymous tip form, or call 906-487-0TIP to speak with an officer of Public Safety and Police Services anonymously.
- Office of Academic and Community Conduct: 906-487-2951
- Local Health Care
A reporting party has the option to notify law enforcement directly, or to be assisted in doing so by campus authorities. If requested, campus officials can facilitate reporting to campus or local law enforcement, but may also respect a reporting party's request not to do so.
Please note that as required by law, we must notify Public Safety and Police Services when sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault occurs, without providing identifying information about the incident, unless a reporting party wishes that information to be shared, or an emergency required disclosure.
If you are not yet ready to make a private report, you could choose to seek confidential assistance.
Details of the incident are kept confidential. These resources are not required to tell anyone your private, personally identifiable information unless there is a significant case for fear for your safety or the safety of others.
- Counseling Services - Students may go to Counseling Services (906-487-2538) located on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building during regular business hours. After regular business hours or on weekends, a Michigan Tech Counselor is available by calling 906-487-2216.
- All members of the campus community may go to Dial Help (906-482-4357 or 906-356-3337) located at 609 Shelden Ave., Houghton. Dial Help is available 24/7.
- All members of the campus community may contact the Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter by calling 906-337-5623 or 888-337-5623.
- Eligible staff and faculty may utilize their Employee Assistance Program benefit.
- State of Michigan New Confidential, 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline
- Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence (MCEDSV)
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Live Help for Domestic Violence Victims, Their Friends and Families
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline Live Help for Sexual Assault Victims, Their Friends and Families
- Online Peer Support Group for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse