University Title IX Coordinator Responsibilities:
Monitoring and oversight of overall implementation of Title IX Compliance at the University, including coordination of training, education, communications, and administration of complaint procedures for faculty, staff, students, and other members of the University community.
A student or employee should contact the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinator(s) in order to:
- seek information or training about rights and courses of action available to resolve reports or complaints that involve potential sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct,
- file a complaint or make a report of sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct,
- notify the University of an incident or policy or procedure that may raise potential Title IX concerns,
- get information about available resources (including confidential resources) and support services relating to sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct, and
- ask questions about the University's policies and procedures related to sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-487-3310.
- The Title IX Coordinator and the Deputy Coordinators are responsible for Title IX assistance for matters involving students. The Coordinators provide information about policy and procedures, resources and support. They also report incidents to Public Safety and Police Services and the Office of Academic and Community Conduct.
For Gender Equity in Athletics and Recreation
- If you have complaints regarding gender equity in Michigan Tech athletics and recreation, contact the Director of Athletics and Recreation/Title IX Coordinator for Gender Equity in Athletics, who oversees the coaches, staff, student-athletes, and students in this area. Incidents that involve sexual harassment/sexual violence will be referred to the University Title IX Coordinator.
For Faculty, Staff, and Visitors
- If you have a complaint against a Michigan Tech faculty or staff member or visitor, you should contact Institutional Equity. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for Title IX compliance for matters involving faculty and staff, including training, education, communication, and administration of the complaint procedure for all complaints against faculty, staff, and visitors, including those complaints filed by students.
Kirsti Arko, PhD
- Assistant Director
- Title IX Coordinator
- TitleIX@mtu.edu, email@example.com
- Administration Building 306
- Oversee all components relative to Title IX and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Develop educational programs for students and employees specific to Title IX
- Lead online employee and student training and prevention systems
- Assistant Director
- ADA/504 Coordinator
- Administration Building 304
- ADA Accommodations for Employees
- Budget Manager
- Assistant Title IX Coordinator
- Monitors faculty and staff hires