University Title IX Coordinator Responsibilities:
Monitoring and oversight of overall implementation of Title IX Compliance at the University, including coordination of training, education, communications, and administration of complaint procedures for faculty, staff, students, and other members of the University community.
Complaints may include sexual harassment, hostile environment harassment, quid pro quo sexual harassment, sexual violence, intimate partner violence, stalking, gender discrimination, sexual exploitation, or sexual coercion. Click here for definitions of prohibited conduct.
A student or employee should contact the Title IX Coordinator in order to:
- seek information or training about rights and courses of action available to resolve reports or complaints that involve potential sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct,
- file a complaint or make a report of sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct,
- notify the University of an incident or policy or procedure that may raise potential Title IX concerns,
- get information about available resources (including confidential resources) and support services relating to sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct, and
- ask questions about the University's policies and procedures related to sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-487-3310.
The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for Title IX assistance in matters involving students. The Coordinator provides information about policy and procedures, resources and support. Students may also report incidents to Public Safety and Police Services and the Office of Academic and Community Conduct.
For Faculty, Staff, and Visitors
If you have a complaint against a Michigan Tech faculty member, staff member or visitor, contact Institutional Equity. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for Title IX compliance involving faculty and staff, including training, education, communication, and administration of the complaint procedure for all complaints against faculty, staff, and visitors, including those complaints filed by students.
For Gender Equity in Athletics and Recreation
If you have complaints regarding gender equity in Michigan Tech athletics and recreation, contact the Director of Athletics and Recreation/Title IX Coordinator for Gender Equity in Athletics, who oversees the coaches, staff, student-athletes, and students in this area. Incidents that involve sexual harassment/sexual violence will be referred to the University Title IX Coordinator.
Kirsti Arko, PhD
- Assistant Director
- Title IX Coordinator
- Oversee all components relative to Title IX and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Develop educational programs for students and employees specific to Title IX