The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and oversight of Title IX compliance at the University, including coordination of training, education, communications, and the administration of complaint procedures for faculty, staff, students, and other members of the University community. Specific responsibilities include administrative response to reports and Formal Complaints of sexual harassment. The Title IX Coordinator is available to discuss the grievance process, coordinate supportive measures, explain Michigan Tech policies and procedures, and provide education on relevant issues.
Complaints may include sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and gender discrimination.
A student or employee should contact the Title IX Coordinator in order to:
- Report an incident of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking or gender discrimination.
- Notify the University of an incident, policy, or procedure that may raise potential Title IX concerns.
- Obtain information regarding the options available in response to reports of potential sex discrimination.
- Understand the difference between private and confidential resources, and the resources and support services available to students and employees who are involved in Title IX related incidents.
- Ask questions about the University's policies and procedures related to sex discrimination.
For Gender Equity in Athletics and Recreation
If you have complaints regarding gender equity in Michigan Tech athletics and recreation programs, contact the Director of Athletics and Recreation/Title IX Coordinator for Gender Equity in Athletics, who oversees the coaches, staff, student-athletes, and students in these area. Incidents that involve sexual harassment will be referred to the University Title IX Coordinator.
- Prevention Coordinator
- SAVE Liaison
- Provides consistent, ongoing sexual violence active and passive prevention awareness, training and on-demand workshops to student groups, and education events to the university community.
Oversee annual campus campaigns related to sexual violence prevention, consent, and other related topics.
Attend student/campus event opportunities, in collaboration with SAVE.
Liaison to SAVE (Sexual Assault and Violence Education) student organization.
Collaborate with community partners, Copper Shores Community Support and Outreach (Formerly Dial Help), and the Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter.
- Executive Director
- Title IX Deputy Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Officer
- Oversee the office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX
- Ensure completion of federal and state compliance requirements related to anti-discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and sexual misconduct