- Board of Trustees Policy 5.3: Discrimination Based on Sex
- Policy 1.14: University Sex/Gender Discrimination, Harassment and/or Sexual Misconduct
- Procedure 1.14.1: University Sex/Gender Discrimination, Harassment and/or Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual and/or Relationship Misconduct Policy for Students
- Frequently Asked Questions about Sexual Harassment/Sexual Violence
- Responsible Employees
Protective measures for the reporting party are available whether a reporting party chooses to report to local and/or campus law enforcement, and irrespective of whether a reporting party pursues a formal complaint through the sexual and/or relationship misconduct process.
The Title IX Coordinator will offer assistance to the reporting party in the form
of interim or long-term measures such as opportunities for academic accommodations;
changes in housing for the complainant or the responding student; visa and immigration
assistance; changes in working situations; and other assistance as may be appropriate
and available on campus or in the community (such as no contact orders, campus escorts,
transportation assistance, targeted interventions, etc.).
If the reporting party so desires, that individual will be connected with a counselor on- or off-campus, as well as an on- or off-campus victim's advocate.
No reporting party is required to take advantage of these services and resources, but Michigan Tech provides them in the hopes of offering help and support without condition or qualification.
Private Reporting Resources
These resources are those from who you can expect to have complaints/incidents to be taken seriously and to have those complaints/incidents investigated and properly resolved. This means only people who need to know will be told and information will be shared only as necessary. Those needing to know may include the person(s) you are complaining about, witnesses and investigating officials from the university or outside of the university.
- Title IX Coordinator, Kirsti Arko: email@example.com, 906-487-3310, Administration Building 306
- Public Safety and Police Services: 906-487-2216
- Discrimination, Harassment, and/or Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form (PDF version)
- Tip Line: Members of the Michigan Tech community may report items of concern using the anonymous tip form.
- Office of Academic and Community Conduct: 906-487-2951
- Local Health Care
A reporting party has the option to notify law enforcement directly, or to be assisted in doing so by campus authorities. If requested, campus officials can facilitate reporting to campus or local law enforcement, but may also respect a reporting party's request not to do so.
Please note that as required by law, we must notify Public Safety and Police Services when sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault occurs, without providing identifying information about the incident, unless a reporting party wishes that information to be shared, or an emergency required disclosure.
If you are not yet ready to make a private report, you could choose to seek confidential assistance.