To officially report an incident of gender discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual assault/violence, you may contact one of these Private Resources:
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form
- Title IX Coordinator, Abbi Halkola, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 906-487-3310, Administration Building 310
- Public Safety and Police Services, 906-487-2216
- Report a Concern
- Tip Line: Members of the Michigan Tech community may report items of concern using the anonymous tip form, or call 906-487-0TIP to speak with an officer of Public Safety and Police Services anonymously.
- Sexual Assault Resources
- The Office of Academic and Community Conduct: 906-487-2951
- Local Health Care
If you are not yet ready to make a private report, you could choose to seek confidential assistance.
A complainant has the option to notify law enforcement directly, or to be assisted in doing so by campus authorities. If requested, campus officials can facilitate reporting to Michigan Tech Public Safety and Police Services or local law enforcement, but may also respect a complainant's request not to do so.
Please note that as required by law, we must notify Public Safety and Police Services when sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault occurs, without providing identifying information about the incident, unless a complainant wishes that information to be shared, or an emergency required disclosure.
Report to the Office of Civil Rights
Inquiries or complaints that involve potential violations of Title IX may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights at:
Candice Jackson, Acting Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
400 Maryland Ave. SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-1100
Fax: 202-453-6012; TDD: 1-800-877-8339