Below you will find all the specifications you need to know about the James and Margaret Black Performance Hall at the Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts.
Our Rozsa Rental Coordinator is happy to assist you with all of your reservation questions and requests. Please fill out this form if you are interested in renting the Rozsa Center.
The Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts is located in the EST (Eastern Standard Time) time zone.
When arriving from the southeast end of Houghton:
- The Portage Lake Golf Course is on your left, and Portage Lake is on the right, as you arrive in Houghton.
- Take the first right as you approach the Michigan Technological University campus, and turn left into the Rozsa Center Parking Lot #8.
When arriving from the southwest end of Houghton:
- Drive down the Copper Country Mall hill, which is M-26, and head toward the Portage Lake Lift Bridge.
- Stay in the right lane and follow the signs for US-41 South.
- Follow US-41 through Houghton. US-41 heads east along Montezuma Avenue, College Avenue, and then turns into Townsend Drive.
- As you pass through the Michigan Technological University campus, the Rozsa Center will be on your left.
- Turn left after passing the Rozsa Center and then left again into Parking Lot #8.
Bus and truck parking is available in Parking Lot #8, which is located off of Cliff Drive on the south side of the road. Please contact the Production Manager with the number and types of vehicles before arrival.
Note: Docks are at ground level, all loading and unloading must be done via ramps, to be provided by the tour.
Loading Dock 1 (Primary Dock)
- Door: 10' 2" Wide x 14' 1" Tall
- Equipped with a lift platform 7' 8" Wide x 12' 4" Long
Loading Dock 2
- Door: 10' 2" Wide x 14' 1" Tall
- Use of this door will need to be worked out two to four weeks in advance.
- Stage doors from Loading Dock: 9' 11" Wide x 14' Tall
No shore power is available at this time.
- Stage Floor: Sprung wood with ¼" masonite painted black in gently used condition
- Proscenium Width: 39' (theatre mode)
- Proscenium Height: 30'
- Height to Cloud: 24'
- Height to Sound Cluster: 19' 5"
- Height from Stage Floor to Seating Floor: 3' 5"
- Plaster Line to Back Wall: 33'
- Apron from Plaster Line to Pit: 7'
- Pit Depth: 12' 10"
- Wing Space from Centerline: 40' SR, 53' SL
- Grid Height: 65' from Deck to Steel
Orchestra Pit: Spiral Lift
- Height: 13' 6"
- Width: 49' 5"
- Depth: 12' 10"
- Depth at Orchestra Level: 23' 3"
- House Curtain: Purple velour located 1' 6" from Proscenium. Guillotine or Fly.
- Legs: 6 sets, black, flat. 16' Wide x 30'
- Borders: 4 sets, black, flat, 57' Wide x 10'
- Traveler: 2 sets, black, 57' Wide x 24' with fullness and pulley
- 1 black 60' Wide x 30'. Some damage to pipe pocket, repaired whole
- 1 black, new 2018, 57' Wide x 30'
- 1 white, new 2018, 57' Wide x 30'
- Cyclorama: 1 seamless filled scrim, natural, 60' Wide x 30'
- 9 section StageRight Choir Shell: 6' Wide x 12' Tall, eggshell
- Wenger Versalite Platforms
- Leg Heights: From 8" to 48"
- 15 @ 4' x 8' Decks
- 12 @ Wedge Decks for Orchestra Setups
- 9 section 4-Step StageRight Alla Breve Choral Risers
- Orchestra Chairs
- 114 Gray Wenger orchestra chairs
- 8 cello chairs
- Music Stands: 69 Mixed Manhasset and Wenger
- Lecterns: 2 Speakers Choice, light oak veneer finish
- Dance Floor: 6 sections of Rosco Dance Floor, 63" x 43'
- 1 Fender Twin Reverb
- 2 Bass Rigs: GK-800RB heads with Eden Electronics 1x15 and 4x10 cabinets
- 1 Pearl Maple Custom Drum Kit
- Rack-style stand
- 22" kick
- 16" floor
- 10, 12 & 14" toms and snare
- Collection of Zildjian Cymbals
- 1 Johannus Monarcke Organ
- Located Stage Right
- 26 lines are available for scenery. Some obstructions due to the proximity of 3rd electric.
- Yamaha CL5 Mixing Console: FOH
- Midas M-32 Mixing Console: Monitors and Backup
- Midas M-32 Mixing Console: Recording Studio
- Midas Pro2-C: Monitors and McArdle Theatre
- Collection of Analog Consoles is available upon request
Installed Speakers and Amps
- Proscenium System (one speaker per side)
- Standard Configuration: JBL CBT100's, with Custom Subs, P1200A Amps
- Tier: D&B Audiotechnik C4, P1200A Amp, D&B Audiotechnik C4 Sub, P1200A Amp
- Rock Shows: D&B Audiotechnik C7, E-PAC Amp, D&B Audiotechnik B2 Sub, A1 Amp
- Center Cluster
- Orchestra: (2) D&B Audiotechnik C6, P1200A Amp
- Tier: (2) D&B Audiotechnik C4 Tops, P1200A Amp
- 10 EV T221M Monitor Wedges
- 4 MacPherson M12BP Monitor Wedges
- 1 EAW SM5001V Drum Monitor
- 2 Meyers UPM-2P Powered Speakers
- 2 EAW KF695
- 2 EAW KF640
- 7 Shure Beta57
- 6 Shure Beta58A
- 4 Shure Beta87A
- 2 Shure SM81-LC
- 1 AKG C414B-XLS
- 1 AKG D224E
- 3 AT8533
- 2 Encore Blue100
- 1 EV US890 Gooseneck Podium Microphone
- 4 Senheiser E604
- 1 Senheiser E905
- 4 Shure SM57
- 3 Shure SM58
- 1 Shure Beta52A
- 2 Shure KSM109
- 1 AKG D112
- 2 AT 857QMLA Podium Microphone
- 6 Crown PCC160
- 5 Encore Blue100i
- 2 Octava MC012
- 2 Senheiser E609
- 2 Senheiser MD421
- 3 DPA d:vote 4099 Instrument Microphone
- 1 Senheiser EM3032-U Dual Wireless System
- 8 Senheiser EW500 Single Wireless System
- Handhelds and body backs available for each channel
- Various elements available
- 8 Senheiser EW500 Single Wireless System in Portable Racks
All dressing rooms include stage monitoring via audio and closed-circuit video.
|2 Star Dressing Rooms||2 performers||2||1||1||2|
|2 Chorus Dressing Rooms||15 performers||3||3||2||15|
No specific room is designated. The choir room across from the chrous dressing rooms can be reserved and used for wardrobe with a two month reserveration to displace classes. Washers and dryers are available in the adjacent building.
- ETC Ion 1x20 Fader Bank
- Generally operated from the center house control table
- All circuits use 20A twist-lock connectors.
- FOH Catwalk 60' from Proscenium, 27' above deck. 30 circuits per side
- There is no center hang position on the FOH catwalks
- 2 Box Booms each side at 10' and 20' from the Proscenium line. 15 circuits per boom.
- 1st Electric: 3' 10", 40 circuits
- 2nd Electric: 11' 5", 24 circuits
- 3rd Electric: 18' 4", 24 circuits
- 4th Electric: 23' 9", 40 circuits
- 96 additional overhead circuits available via drop boxes.
Inventory is shared with McArdle Theatre. Check with the Production Manager for availability.
- 44 ETC S4-10
- 20 ETC S4-19
- 75 ETC S4-26
- 65 ETC S4-36
- 40 ETC S4-Par
- 50 ETC S4-ParNel
- 44 Selecon Pacific 26-50 Zoom
- 6 Selecon Aurora 4-Cell Cyc Lights
- 8 MR-16, 3-Circuit Zip Strips
- 6 VariLite VL2416 Wash Lights
- 2 Chauvet Rogue R2
Ample collection of cables, two-fers, adaptors, gels, frames, template holders, etc.
- 2 Lycian SuperArc 400 Follow Spots
- 22 Choma-Q Mark II Color Scrollers
- 6 Wybron Forefunner Color Scrollers
- 4 Apollo Simple Spin Gobo Rotator
- 1 ReelFX DF-50 Hazer
- 1 Rosco 1500 Fog Machine
- Large supply of Rosco and Lee Gels
- Limited collection of Gobos
- 4 FOH Washes each using (10) S4-10
- 3 Back Washes each using (20) 24-Pars and S4-Parnels
- 4 Side Washes (2 from each side) each using combination of S4-19, S4-26, S4-36
- 4-Color Cyc Wash
- 40 Channels of Specials
- Complete matching system of colors for the Orchestra Pit/Apron
- Christie WX-10K-M Projector, 10,000 lumens
- Roland V-40HD Multi-Format Video Switcher
- Denon DBT-1712UD BluRay Player
- 3 Sharp PG-D50X3D DLP Portable Projectors, 5000 lumens
- 2 Asus VS239H-P, 23" ISP LED Backlit Confidence Monitors
- 2 400A Disconnects: One USL, One USR
- 2 Lex DB100A Power Distro
- 3 - 200A Disconnects: Two USL, One USR
206 MacInnes Drive
500 Campus Drive
1400 Gundlach Road
301 W. Lakeshore Drive
616 Shelden Avenue
Copper Country Family
502 Shelden Avenue
119 Franklin Street