The Bhakta Rath Research Award, established in 2010 by an endowment from Dr. Bhakta B. Rath and his wife, Sushama Rath, offers an opportunity to promote and reward excellence in scientific and engineering research in the field of physical and natural sciences and engineering.
Chee Huei Lee
2011 Co-Recipient (with advisor Yoke Khin Yap)
The DeVlieg Foundation has generously provided support for graduate students pursuing research in engineering, wildlife, and biology at Michigan Tech.
Each semester, the Graduate School anticipates awarding Finishing Fellowships that provide support to PhD candidates who are close to completing their degrees. These fellowships are available through the generosity of alumni and friends of the University. They are intended to recognize outstanding PhD candidates who are in need of financial support to finish their degrees and are also contributing to the attainment of goals outlined in the Michigan Tech Plan.
- Spring 2019 - Binita Hona, Jinlin Zhang
- Fall 2018 - Chad Brisbois, Neel Uday Desai
- Summer 2018 - Kevin Waters, Janarjan Bhandari
- Spring 2018 - Meghnath Jaishi, Dolendra Karki, Mingxiao Ye
- Fall 2017 - Shiva Bhandari, Teresa Wilson
- Summer 2017 - Mohammad Hosain Teimourpour
- Spring 2016 - Ran Duan
- Fall 2015 - Boyi Hao, Joseph Niehaus, and Noopur Sharma
Nominated by their academic school or department, students receiving this award have exhibited exceptional ability as a teacher and have received excellent evaluations from students.
- 2019 - Lisa Eggart (Spring)
- 2018 - Aeshah Khudaysh Muqri (Spring), Nicholas Videtech (Fall)
- 2017 - Kevin Waters
- 2016 - Teresa Wilson
- 2015 - Chad Brisbois
- 2014 - Kiley Spirito
- 2014 - Amanda Shaw
- 2013 - Ran Duan
- 2011 - Wil Slough
Goes to graduating graduate students nominated by their academic school or department for their academic achievements.
- 2019 - Chad Brisbois, Kamal Kant Chandrakar (Spring)
- 2018 - Meghnath Jaishi (Spring), Dolendra Karki (Fall)
- 2017 - Mohammad Hosain Teimourpour
- 2016 - Bishnu Tiwari, Gaoxue Wang, and Fan Yang
- 2015 - Joseph Niehaus
- 2015 - Ran Duan
- 2015 - Hao Zhao
- 2014 - Kamal Dhungana
- 2014 - Niraj Dhital
- 2014 - Swarup China
- 2014 - Ashim Chakravarty
- 2013 - Matthew Beals
- 2012 - Pradeep Kumar
- 2011 - Amalia Anderson