Direct Chill Casting
Luke Petersen, Trevor Henry, Ryley Johnson
Sunil Mehendale, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Create a direct chill casting machine for MTU foundry
- Molten aluminum flows into mold and solidifies as the bottom block lowers
Hydraulic Material Tester
Alec Bloom, Dillon Hude, Andrew Simon
Kevin Johnson, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- The goal of the project is to demonstrate closed loop pressure and force control through the use of an electro-hydraulic tensile and compression machine.
- Specifically, this machine will be used to upgrade the current material testing performed on the PASCO machines in SB16 of the EERC.
- This new machine will provide students with the ability to learn about hydraulic systems, PID control with the use of a Human Machine Interface (HMI), and the force and pressure control with samples of various materials.