Materials Science and Engineering

Graduate Student Progress Evaluation

Graduate students should meet with their advisors on a regular basis. If this is being done, the student will be fully aware of any issues related to progress in their program. Satisfactory progress should also be reflected in the P (progress) or Q (inadequate progress) grades assigned to research credits at the end of each semester. In addition to these measures, the faculty advisor may complete the form Evaluation of Graduate Student Research Performance to describe a specific problem or issue. This research evaluation progress form, if utilized, must be signed by the student, guaranteeing the student is fully aware of specific performance issues.

For PhD students, there are multiple points for progress evaluation associated with the written qualifying exam, the oral exam, and the proposal defense. The links to the forms specifying the criteria for these points of progress evaluation are listed below.

Departmental Student Evaluation Forms