Trained Users—Each Session
Check the equipment status. The status is listed by instrument and can be found in each instrument page.
Reserve the equipment. Each instrument has its own Google Calendar.
Attend your session. Follow the access instructions.
Get authorization to use equipment based on your skill level. Lapsed users may need to follow the same procedures as new users.
Check the on-campus use rates for labs and equipment.
Other Service Requests
- What is the goal of analysis?
- What would the timeline of the project be? Is there a time limit?
- How many samples will the project need? Are there different sets of samples undergoing different testing?
- What preparation processes will need to be performed for each sample?
- What tests will be performed on each sample?
- Will there be costs or time associated with sample disposal?
- Will the samples need to be returned?
- Is there a requested format for reporting?
- Will the project use government funds?
Check the off-campus use rates for labs and equipment. Establish an agreement between Michigan Tech and the external project sponsor.
Estimated turnaround time is 7–10 business days, but may vary depending on the complexity of the project.
Michigan Technological University and ACMAL have a history of collaborating with external clients, including for-profit, academic, and nonprofit organizations.