- Professor, Physics and Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Physics, City University of New York
Professor Levy's research activities presently center on photonics, with an emphasis on nonreciprocal phenomena, magneto-photonics and nanophotonics.
Links of Interest
- Nonreciprocal Phenomena
- Thin-Film Magneto-Optic Polarization Rotator, US Patent No. 5,408,565, issued 1995.
- Crystal Ion Slicing of Single-Crystal Films, US Patent No. 6,120,597, issued 2000.
- Slicing of Single-Crystal Films Using Ion Implantation, US Patent Nos. 6,503,321 and 6,540,827 B1, issued 2003.
- Method for Fabricating Ultra-Thin Single-Crystal Metal Oxide Wave Retarder Plates and Waveguide Polarization Mode Converter Using the Same, US Patent No.6,641,662, issued 2003.
- Waveguide Mach-Zehnder Optical Isolator Utilizing Transverse Magneto-Optical Phase Shift, US Patent No. 6,943,932, issued 2005.
- Magneto-Photonic Crystal Isolators, US Patent No. 6,952,300, issued 2005.
Graduated PhD and MS Students
- Haichun Yang, PhD 2005
Process Engineer, Applied Materials, Santa Clara CA
- Rong Li, PhD 2006
- Xiaoyue Huang, PhD 2007
Senior Staff Engineer, Advance Dielectrics Team Lead, Seagate Technology, Bloomington, MN
- Raghav Vanga, PhD 2008
Cosemi Technologies, Inc, Irvine, CA
- Ziyou Zhou, PhD 2009
Senior Engineer, Metrology. Seagate Technology, Bloomington, MN
- Zhuoyuan Wu, PhD 2010
Seagate Technology, Bloomington, MN
- Ding Chu, MS 2011
Characterization Engineer, Veeco Instruments Somerset, NJ
- Pradeep Kumar, PhD 2013
Research Associate, University of Wisconsin, Madison WI
- Neluka Dissanayake, PhD 2013
Instructor, Madison College, Madison WI
Honorary Felow, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ashim Chakravarty, PhD 2015
Postdoctoral Fellow, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Dolendra Karki, PhD 2018, Research Scientist, University of Pittsburgh.