Two rooms on the 2nd floor, Library 242 and Library 244, are available for library instruction and workshops. Both instruction rooms are equipped with presentation technology, dry erase boards, and individual computing workstations. Each room can fit up to 25 students. Schedule librarian-led class instruction on information literacy skills such as finding, using, and evaluating library resources, or request customized library instruction workshops for your department. A minimum of 14 days notice is required for librarian-led sessions.
When not reserved for library instruction, the computers in both rooms are available for individual use by Michigan Tech students, faculty and staff. Use your HuskyCard to access the labs during regular library hours. During non-peak library instruction periods the rooms are available for faculty and staff to reserve for single events. To inquire about availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experimental Education Environment
The Experimental Education Environment (E3) is a new space meant to support all Michigan Tech instructors’ experimentation with instructional designs, use of instructional technology or educational media and room or furniture arrangement.
Instruction Room Use Policy
- The primary purpose of the library instruction rooms (242 & 244) is for library instruction to students, faculty and staff by the library's staff, or hosted by the library.
- Room usage requests made by other members of the Michigan Tech community (faculty, staff and students) for academic and administrative purposes will be accommodated, when possible:
- Requests will not be scheduled more than 14 days out during the fall and spring terms.
- Regularly scheduled classes cannot be held in the library instruction rooms for multiple sessions.
- Individuals under the age of 18 using the classrooms must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Scheduling priorities for the library instruction rooms are as follows:
- Library instruction classes and workshops
- Other library scheduled events
- Other Michigan Tech community members
- Non-scheduled usage
- The library instruction rooms are available during main building hours for walk-in use by Michigan Tech students, faculty and staff members when not scheduled for other purposes. Entry to the library instruction rooms is through HuskyCard card access.
- Food and drink
- Food is not permitted in the library instruction rooms. Drinks must be in containers with a lid.