There is a lot to keep track of when you’re a college student; with student organizations added to the mix, it might seem a little overwhelming. Don’t worry. We’ve compiled the most helpful information and resources for CDI student organization members.
From event planning and publicity channels to travel plans, you’ll find all things student orgs right here.
Each year, many student organizations choose to send member representatives to conferences. There are countless diversity-focused conferences held in the Midwest region; some of the possible events for students to attend as a student organization are listed below.
- Creating Change: The National Conference on LGBT Equality
- Graduate Education for Minorities in STEM Fields Conference and Gala
- Multicultural Women’s National Conference
- National Association for Graduate and Professional Students Conference
- National Association of Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- National Black MBA Association Conference
- National Conference for College Women Student Leaders
- National Conference for Women in Engineering WEPAN
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs Conference
- National Women Studies Association Conference
- National Women’s Conference
- National Youth Feminist Leadership Conference
- People of Color Conference PoCC
- Reaching out LGBT MBA Conference
- Society for Advancement for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- Southwest Black Student Leadership Conference
Event Planning Resources
Student organizations routinely plan and host cultural, social, and pre-professional events on campus. Student organizations can potentially receive funding for these events by filling out the form located below under "Event Planning."
To help student organizations plan an effective event, please take advantage of the following resources:
- Student Organization Budget Request Form
- Event Planning
- Making Room Reservations
- Placing Food Orders
Student organization members with questions about any aspect of event planning are welcome to contact any of the staff at CDI for assistance.
Student Leaders Retreat Resources
The Student Leaders Retreat is an annual gathering of student officers and members of organizations that are supported by CDI. The retreat is an opportunity for students to connect with the members of other organizations, deepen the bonds between members of their own organizations, and learn about resources that can help their organizations succeed.
Listed below are presentations and resources from past retreats.