- Campus Diversity Educator, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Hamar House
- Hi! I’m Amy and I’m incredibly excited to be working with passionate students, staff, faculty, and community members to create a more culturally and socially conscious and inclusive campus community! While I’m not from the UP originally and have never experienced a true Yooper winter yet, I consider myself an “Outdoorsbian” and am elated to spend as much time outdoors [especially in the winter] as possible. In addition to loving the outdoors, I also consider myself a subpar weightlifter; a pizza/donut/coffee aficionado [which may feel contrary to the fact prior]; a hip hop enthusiast; a highly invested cat lady [I have two very needy cats – Mildred and Oswald]; and someone who loves people. My office is on the 2nd floor in CDI and whether you’re just passing through for some coffee, in need of a chat or a hug, or just want to come and discuss life – I’m here [with a big couch and a bowl of candy]!
- Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Assistant Dean
- I was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. After studying cultural anthropology and education, I’ve found the perfect home at CDI. I love to travel and be outdoors. My family and I love camping, hiking, and kayaking. I am dedicated and deeply invested in seeing students succeed, not only academically and professionally but also as human beings.
- Office Assistant, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Hamar House
- Monday Morning Email
- Student Organization Support
- Travel Support
- Social Justice Lecture Series
- General Office Management
Hi Everyone! I am the Office Assistant at CDI. As well as working with really great people I like meeting and chatting all the students that stop by and hang out. My favorite "duty" it to make sure the coffee pots keep full all morning! I was raised in the Southern U.P. (Daggett/Stephenson), came to Houghton to attend Mich Tech, graduated in '89 with a BS in Business/Finance, and just never left. When I am not working, I enjoy crocheting (not knitting), painting furniture, mowing my lawn in the short summer season, walking the NARA trails and trying new recipes for the crockpot. So, as you stop by for that cup of coffee, look to your left and you'll get a "HI!" from me.
- Student Engagement Coordinator, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Hamar House
- Hey y'all! As a Michigan native and Tech alumna, I'm very excited to be back working with all of you. I was born in Kalamazoo, MI and spent the latter half of middle school and up in Clinton Township, MI. I came to Tech in 2010 and graduated 2013 with a BA in Communications, Culture, and Media Studies. I spend most of my time thinking about and planning my future Tiny House, watching movies, and crafting. I enjoy attempting to bake and I'm a huge fan of dogs! If you ever need anything, you can find me by the hot chocolate or in my second floor office. Follow the smell of my hot chocolate/coffee mix up the stairs and you'll find me at the first door on the left!
- Administrative Aide, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Assists the Director with the general budget
- Provides Travel and Program support for staff
- Student org travel support for: (Aises) American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- Student org travel support for: (ASO) African Student Organization
- Student org travel support for: (KP) Keweenaw Pride
- Student org travel support for: (WLC) Women's Leadership Council
- MiCUP Grant Support
- I am the administrative aide in the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI). Born and raised in the “big” City of Hancock, I graduated from Hancock High School and worked in banking for 25 years before coming to Michigan Tech in 2008. I married the love of my life, Ron Wade, on June 21, 1986. I am a caregiver for my family, and I enjoy doing volunteer work. My husband and I love to travel and hope to someday be “snow birds” (wintering in sunny Florida). I love working with students and enjoy taking on a “mothering” role. If you need someone to talk to, you can count on me.