- Assistant Professor of Economics, College of Business
- PhD, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Colorado State University
- MS, Economics and Environmental and Natural Resources, University of Wyoming
- BS, Economics, University of Wisconsin - Superior
In her research, Jenny Apriesnig primarily focuses on coupling economic and ecological systems to evaluate fisheries management issues. While interested in many natural resources, part of her work focuses on the Great Lakes fisheries and evaluating the economic and ecological implications of aquatic invasive species to the region. Dr. Apriesnig enjoys working with students and engaging students of all backgrounds and interests. Originally from Duluth, Minnesota, she attributes her passion for natural resource economics to growing up in a Great Lakes state. In her free time, she enjoys gardening, golfing, and cheering on the Vikings.
- Principles of Economics
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Coupled human and environmental systems
- Fishery economics and management
- Computable General Equilibrium Modeling
- Regional Natural Resource Economic Modeling
- 2022. Apriesnig, J. L., Warziniack, T., Finnoff, D. C., Zhang, H., Lee, K., Mason, D., Rutherford, E. Published The Consequences of Misrepresenting Feedbacks in Coupled Human and Environmental Models. Ecological Economics 195. Elsevier.
- 2021. Lee, K., Apriesnig, J. L., Zhang, H. Published Socio-ecological evaluation of bioeconomic fisheries management: the case of Yellow Perch in Lake Erie. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution 9. https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2021.703813.
- 2021. Campbell, V., Thompson, J., Apriesnig, J. L., Pendell, D., Tonsor, G. Published Producer’s Willingness to Invest in On-Farm Carcass Disposal: a Study on U.S. Poultry. Journal of Applied Poultry Research 30(4).
- 2021. Palm, K., Campbell, G. A., Apriesnig, J. L. Published Sustainable Management of Local Fisheries: A Case Study of Laoang, Northern Sama, Philippines. Marine Policy 132. Elsevier.
- 2020. Apriesnig, J. L., Manning, D. T., Suter, J. F., Magzamen, S., Cross, J. E. Published Academic Stars and Energy Stars, an Assessment of Student Academic Achievement and School Building Energy Efficiency. Energy Policy 147. Elsevier. https://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy-policy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2020.111859.
- 2020. Vongsikeo, V., Breffle, W. S., Apriesnig, J. L., Barkdoll, B. D. Published The Economic Value of Carbon Sequestration Through Tree Planting in Laos. Asian Development Policy Review 8(2), 102-111. 10.18488/journal.107.2020.82.102.111.
- 2017. Warziniack, T., Finnoff, D., Apriesnig, J. L. Published Description of the General Equilibrium Model of Ecosystem Services (GEMES). General Technical Report Rocky Mountain Research Station ( vol. 359, pp. 14). Fort Collins, CO: US Department of Agriculture. www.fs.usda.gov/treesearch/pubs/53836.
- 2016. Lodge, D. M., Simonin, P. W., Burgiel, S. W., Keller, R. P., Bossenbroek, J. M., Jerde, C. L., Kramer, A. M., Rutherford, E. S., Barnes, M. A., Wittmann, M. E., Chadderton, W. L., Apriesnig, J. L., o. Published Risk analysis and bioeconomics of invasive species to inform policy and management. Annual Review of Environment and Resources 41, 453--488. Annual Reviews. 10.1146/annurev-environ-110615-085532.