New! ARM your organization with resources from the alumni community.
The Alumni Board of Directors has a tradition of supporting student organizations and initiatives through the Student Initiative Support Program (SISP). This year, the Board is excited to expand SISP into a new program that will leverage the broader Michigan Tech alumni community, bringing more resources to more student initiatives. This new program is known as the Alumni Resource Matchmaker (ARM) and kicks off with a campaign this April 2023!
Stay tuned for more to come on ARM.
Student groups are still encouraged to apply through the application below for traditional funds.
What are we looking for?
- Programs that positively impact all students and support the alumni mission of “Celebrating Traditions. Creating Connections”
- Inclusive initiatives that engage a wide audience
- Actions that support a culture of philanthropy among students
- Requests for knowledge or expertise in a particular area
- Funding proposals for "capital" goods that will leave a lasting impact on the University
What has been supported in the past?
- Mushing Club equipment
- Sustainability Demonstration House bee keeping project
- FilmBoard sound system upgrade
- Aquanauts wetsuits
- Blue Key- Special Events new technology for a tap-in system
- USG Thanksgiving Break Bus sponsorship
What types of requests are not considered?
- Repeat requests for the same event (> 2 consecutive years)
- Conference travel
- Requests that do not support the alumni mission