The Scintag XDS2000 powder diffractometer is configured with a graphite monochromater and IBM compatible workstation running Scintag DMSNT software in Windows NT environment.
Remote Training and Collaboration
- New cameras installed in both the instrument lab and sample preparation lab.
- Huskycast (Panopto) recording for both cameras and lab computer monitors.
- Zoom sharing available in both labs and computer monitors.
This theta-theta configured goniometer permits automated collection of intensity vs. scattering angle scans. Data reduction schemes include unit cell determination, pattern indexing, precision lattice parameter determination, and Reitveld analysis. Crystalline compounds can be identified through indexing with the built-in JCPDS powder diffraction database.
Crystallographic concepts and diffraction analyses in materials science.
- Credits: 3.0
- Lec-Rec-Lab: (2-0-3)
- Semesters Offered: Spring
- Restrictions: Must be enrolled in one of the following Level(s): Graduate