If you need a vehicle for personal use, Michigan Tech partners with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to campus.
Register as a member (must be 18 with a valid driver's license) to receive your Zipcard. Reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. When you’re done, return the car to a reserved Zipcar parking space:
- Hubbell Street (by Lot 27 entrance across from the MUB)
- Lot 15W at the front of Wadsworth Hall
- Lower Daniell Heights Visitor Parking (V4)
Zipcar members get:
- 24-hour access to Zipcars.
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff, and students age 18 and older: rates start at $7.50/hour or $69/day.
- Gas, insurance, and maintenance are included at no charge.
Annual membership plans start at just $15 for the first year.