Yun Hang Hu
- Charles and Carroll McArthur Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Chemistry, Xiamen University
- MSc, Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- BSc, Chemistry, Nanchang University
- Graphene for solar energy
- Dye-sensitized solar cells
- Synthesis of novel solid materials and liquid fuels from CO2
- Hydrogen storage materials
- Synthesis, structures and properties of nano-structured materials
- Heterogeneous catalysis for energy and fuels
- Predictions of material properties
- Y. H. Hu, "Novel meso-superstructured solar cells (MSSCs) with a high efficiency exceeding
12%", Adv. Mater. 26, 2102(2014).
- H. Wang, K. Sun, F. Tao, D. J. Stacchiola, Y. H. Hu, "3D honeycomb-like structured
graphene and its high efficiency as counter electrode catalysts for dye-sensitized
solar cells", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 52, 9210(2013).
- H. Wang, Y. H. Hu, "Graphene as a counter electrode material for dye-sensitized solar
cells", Energy Environ. Sci., 5, 8182(2012).
- Y. H. Hu, "Highly efficient photocatalyst - hydrogenated black TiO2 for solar splitting
of water to hydrogen", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 51, 12410 (2012).
- Y. H. Hu, L. Zhang,“Hydrogen Storage in Metal-Organic Frameworks”, Adv. Mater. 22,
- Y. H. Hu, E. Ruckenstein,“Endohedral complexes of C60-based fullerene cages”, J. Amer.
Chem. Soc. 127, 11277(2005).
- Y. H. Hu, “ER-BOC calculations of crystal bulk properties from smallest-cluster models”, J.
Amer. Chem. Soc. 125, 4388(2003).