International Programs and Services

About Arrival/Departure Form I-94

Customs and Border Protection (CBP), a division of the Department of Homeland Security, issues you an electronic I-94 every time you enter the US.  Your passport is stamped—the official record of your arrival—and your entry/departure record is recorded in the CBP database electronically at the port of entry.

Access your arrival record and print your I-94

Have this information ready:

  • First name
  • Last name 
  • Date of birth
  • Passport number
  • Country of issuance
  • Date of entry
  • Class of admission (for example, F-1 or J-1)

You Need to Know:

  • When you use an I-94 for documentation, you also have to show the entry stamp in your passport.
  • When you leave the US your I-94 information is no longer available on the website.
  • When leaving by air or sea, you do not have to turn in an I-94 card if you entered on the electronic system.
  • If you have a paper I-94 card now, you turn it in when you leave.
  • If you get a new passport, and your entry stamp is in the old passport, the entry stamp is still valid.
  • Systems, processes, and requirements change over the years. We suggest you be extra careful and copy all your documents: passport, visas, stamps in the passport, I-94 cards. Keep them forever, in electronic and paper form.