There are many documentation details to attend to before, during, and after your time at Michigan Tech. We are here to help. You can do your part by knowing what your responsibilities are, and letting International Programs and Services know as far in advance as possible if you are encountering challenges or are not sure how to proceed.
International Programs and Services staff are here to support and provide resources for international students and scholars in the following ways:
- Advise international students, scholars, their dependents, and University departments on compliance with U.S. immigration laws and regulations related to F and J visa categories
- Verify, track, and submit visa status notifications through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Advise on adjustment to U.S. society and American culture, academic concerns and community resources
- Processe DS-2019s, I-20s, travel signatures, and letters needed for travel, employment, maintaining status, social security numbers, and other immigration related matters
- Conduct workshops and orientation sessions for international students and scholars.
- Provide support for post graduation employment options.
Find everything you need to know below about what we expect of you, and what we can help you with during your time studying at Michigan Tech.
- Reduced course load
- Program extension
- Change of major / level
- Add a dependent
- Travel I-20 Request
- Missing I-20 Request
- Graduation invitation letter
- On/Off Campus Employment
- Michigan driver’s license
- Social security number
- Get your I-94
- Pay for passport-style photos
- Tax Help
- Green Card Document Submission