We value the opportunity to collaborate with scientists and innovators from around the world.
The purpose of the J‐1 Exchange Visitor Program is to foster the mutual exchange of ideas between Americans and foreign nationals and to stimulate international collaborative teaching and research efforts. The exchange of research scholars and professors promotes interchange, mutual enrichment and linkages between research and educational institutions in the United States and those of other countries. If you have any questions about the J‐1 Program, please feel free to contact your hosting department.
Host Departments for J-1 Scholars
Your hosting department will be your point of contact to provide assistance during your time at Michigan Tech. International Program and Services (IPS), will support your department during your stay. Call, email, write, or visit your host department if you have questions about official procedures.
You Need to Know
- Important Information for J-1 Scholars
- Required Insurance for Visitors and Dependents
- Need to Extend your DS-2019?
- About the Two-Year Home Residency Requirement
- What are 12- and 24-month Bars?
- J-2 Dependents: Bringing Family to US
- How to Transfer to Another School
- When your Program is Done: What Next?