The Geospatial Research Facility is an interdisciplinary geospatial research-hub at Michigan Technological University.
The GRF actively supports students, faculty, and industry on a multitude of geospatial projects with state-of-the-art GIS technologies and expert staff.
Selected GRF Supported Projects:
- Enbridge Line-5 Risk Assessment
- USGS EDMAP: Keweenaw Fault Geometry, Related Structures, and Slip Kinematics
- Houghton Safe Routes to School
- Pullman National Monument Industrial Heritage
- Keweenaw Community Forest Company WebGIS
- FEMA Ripley Slope Pre-Assessment
- Calumet/Laurium Area Municipal WebGIS
- Rock Harbor Geosite Tours
- Remote Sensing & Archeology of Quincy Smelter Works
- Earth MRI Vulcan Geologic Mapping Project (USGS)
- KRC - DOD
- Mining and Environmental Legacies in Minnesota's Mesabi Range