Mary H. Durfee
- Academic Office Building 216
- Professor Emerita
- PhD, Cornell University, 1990
- MA, Cornell, 1984
- BA, University of Colorado, 1974
My first love is teaching undergraduates, though I have worked with many graduate students as well. I’m proud to me a member of Tech’s Teaching Academy of Excellence. I try to bring my research into my teaching to keep things lively and up-to-date.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Great Lakes of North America
- International Law
- Scholarship of Pedagogy
- Arctic Affairs
- Fulbright 10 mo in Malta and a follow on grant. US Dept of State
- NSF IGERT (~4 million) co-pi now complete, NSF Grant No. DGE 0333401
- Fulbright to Hungary for Fall 2014, Sponsored by Corvinus University of Budapest and by the Hungarian Institute for International Affairs.
- “Information Transparency and the Evolution of US-Canada Relations.” Paper for 2010 annual meeting of the International Studies Association, New Orleans.Feb. 6-20, 2010.
- The U.S. Presidential Elections, Mediterranean Academy of Diplomacy, University of Malta, May 7, 2012
- University of Rostock, Germany, June 14, 2012.
- Public Lecture, Alworth Institute, University of Minnesota, Duluth, “Why Obama Won the Peace Prize. Nov 2011.
- Invited speaker, "Policy Frameworks for Great Lakes Environmental Problems." Symposium on the Great Lakes, September 2006, Western Michigan University.
- Nuclear Waste Management in Finland
- Pan American Biofuels and Bionergy Sutainability
- Guidance Documents on Chemicals and the Environment: Socioeconomic Factors and Analysis for Pesticides Management
- SS3600 US Foreign Policy
- SS3610 International Law
- SS46/5610 Environmental Diplomacy and Law
- SS2635 Comparative Politics