Criteria: New transfer students who plan to major in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, computer network and system administration, cybersecurity, or mechatronics are invited to apply for the Engineering Technology Scholars-IMPRESS program.
All transfer student applicants must
- apply, or be admitted, to one of the following majors:
- electrical engineering technology
- mechanical engineering technology
- computer network and system administration
- be a US citizen or permanent resident
- file a FAFSA by March 5 and have a minimum unmet need of $4,500
- intend to start at Michigan Tech for the fall 2021 semester
- have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- obtain a letter of recommendation from a professor within a respective department/program of their major
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Value: $4,500 per year (see renewal criteria). Additionally transfer students who engage in the bridge program will receive a $2,500 stipend for a 7-week research program the summer before their first semester.
Renewal Criteria: First-year students may renew the award for a total of four years (eight semesters); transfer student awards are renewable for two years (four semesters). Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 at the end of each spring semester, continuous, regular full-time undergraduate enrollment (12 credits or more), and acceptable social behavior. Additionally, students must remain in one of the following majors: electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration and maintain good standing in the ETS program and the Pavlis Honors College.
How to Apply
Students need to complete the following steps to be considered for this scholarship:
- have an application for admission on file, or be admitted to Michigan Tech in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, computer network and system administration, cybersecurity, or mechatronics by March 5.
- complete the ETS-IMPRESS application, which includes an essay and doubles as an application for pre-admission to the Pavlis Honors College.
- have a professor provide a letter of recommendation through the online application system by March 5.
- March 5: FAFSA must be on file with Michigan Tech's code (002292)
- March 5: ETS-IMPRESS applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission.
- March 5: Letters of recommendation are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time).
- Mid March: Award recipients and applicants are notified.