Every year, the Department of Education selects some of our students for a process called FAFSA verification. Federal regulations require students selected for this process to provide documents to our office. We are then required to use those documents to verify that the information on the student's FAFSA is correct. If you are selected for FAFSA verification, you can provide your required documents to our office using one of the four methods listed below. When providing documents to our office using any of these methods, we recommend that the student's name and ID number be written on each document submitted.
Students can upload their required documents at MyMichiganTech using the following steps:
- Log into your MyMichiganTech.
- Select the Financial Aid tab.
- Select the appropriate aid year from the drop-down menu and click Reload.
- Review the listed Requirement(s) and identify which document from the list you plan
to upload. There are four possible statuses you may see for those requirements:
Document Required (you have not submitted the item or we have not yet received it)
Document Received Incomplete (you submitted the item and it was not filled out completely or it had pages missing)
Document Received Not Reviewed (you submitted the item and the Financial Aid staff has yet to look it over)
Illegible Document (the item you submitted was too dark/light or was blurry)
- Click the Upload link for the document you want to upload. A browsing box will then appear below.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select the file you want to upload and click the Open button. Your file is now ready for submission.
- Click the Upload File button to submit your document. Your file will show under the Submitted column if the upload was successful. If the upload was unsuccessful, an error message will appear. If an error message appears, you will need to correct the issue and upload the document again.
- Repeat the upload process for each required document you have not yet provided.
Students can fax documents directly to the Student Financial Services Center at 906-487-3042.
Students can mail documents to the Student Financial Services Center at the following address:Student Financial Services Center Administration Building, Room 103 1400 Townsend Drive Houghton, MI 49931-1295
Students can drop their documents off at the front desk of the Student Financial Services Center. We are located in Room 103 on the first floor of the Administration Building.