Engineering Technology Scholars - IMPRESS Program
Criteria: New first-year or transfer students who plan to major in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration are invited to apply for the Engineering Technology Scholars-IMPRESS program.
All applicants must
- apply, or be admitted, to one of the following majors:
- electrical engineering technology
- mechanical engineering technology
- computer network and system administration
- be a US citizen or permanent resident
- have a minimum of $4,500 in unmet financial need as demonstrated by completing a FAFSA form for 2018-2019
First-year applicants must
- be a high school senior/early college student intending to start at Michigan Tech for the fall 2018 or fall 2019 semester
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- have an ACT composite score of 22 or higher OR an SAT total score of 1110 or higher
Transfer applicants must
- intend to start at Michigan Tech for the fall 2018, fall 2019, fall 2020, or fall 2021 semester
- have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- earn an associate’s degree in a relevant engineering technology program prior to enrolling at Michigan Tech
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Have an application for admission on file, or be admitted to Michigan Tech in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and systems administration and complete the application, essay, and provide a letter of recommendation. See additional information below.
Number of Awards: A limited number of new awards for incoming first-year and transfer students are available and will be made based on the following timeline.
|Student Type||Fall 2018||Fall 2019||Fall 2020||Fall 2021|
Renewal Criteria: First-year students may renew the award for a total of four years (eight semesters); transfer student awards are renewable for two years (four semesters). Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 at the end of each spring semester, continuous, regular full-time undergraduate enrollment (12 credits or more), and acceptable social behavior. Additionally, students must remain in one of the following majors: electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration and maintain 70% involvement in the ETS program.
First year students need to complete the following steps to be considered for this scholarship:
- have an application for admission on file, or be admitted to Michigan Tech in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration by February 28
- complete the ETS-IMPRESS application
- submit a 200-word personal statement describing your career goals and why you should be considered for the scholarship
- have a teacher provide a letter of recommendation through the online application system
by February 28 (a link will be provided for you to share)
- letters for first-year applicants must come from a high school math or science teacher
- letters for transfer applicants must come from a professor within a respective department/program of your major
- February 28: ETS-IMPRESS applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission.
- February 28: Letters of recommendation are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time).
- Late March: Award recipients and applicants are notified.