Welcome To Husky Motors
FleetCommander is an Internet-based online vehicle reservation system designed to increase the level of service for users of motor pool resources. Getting started with FleetCommander is easy. Here's how:
- Request a FleetCommander account by clicking the "Sign Up Now!" link in the left hand side of the FleetCommander navigation bar. Enter your user profile information and submit form. Once your profile is approved, you will be able to start using the online system.
- Husky Motors ensures requester meets the eligibility requirements for driving a university vehicle and approves the request.
- Begin making vehicle reservations by logging into FleetCommander and clicking the "Make Reservation" link in the left hand side of the FleetCommander navigation bar.
- If you would like to change/update your reservation details, i.e., the driver, the time period or any other information, at any time, log in at https://mtu.agilefleet.com/login.asp. Once logged in, click on the "my schedule" link. This will show all of your requested reservations. Click on the magnifying glass of the reservation that you would like to update. Once prompted, click on "request changes" to communicate any changes needed with the motor pool staff.
We would like to remind everyone that as of May 16, our customers are now able to sign out and return vehicles on Saturday and Sunday via the outdoor Key Kiosk. This means you will be charged for each day you have the vehicle signed out.
The driver of the vehicle must pick-up and return the vehicle. Users are required to log in with their ISO username and password to access and return the vehicles keys.
Thank you for your continued support of Husky Motors. If you need assistance, we can be reached at 906-487-2700 during our normal business hours of 7:00 am - 4:00 pm or email at email@example.com.
Types of Services
Michigan Technological University manages a fleet of safe and properly maintained vehicles. Forty-seven vehicles are available for rental by full- and part-time faculty and staff members or student groups for official University business. Husky Motors charges a flat daily rental fee (See box below). It is the responsibility of the lessee to pay for gas. Gas cards are provided with all of the vehicles and charges will be billed directly with the rental billing.
MTU Vehicle rentals for personal use are strictly prohibited. Zipcar membership provides vehicles for personal use. Learn more and get started at: http://www.zipcar.com/mtu
Whether you are new to the area or a seasoned winter driver, the following winter driving tips will be beneficial. Keweenaw Research Center partnered with AAA to provide you this comprehensive "Safe Winter Driving" video. AAA has also provided some helpful tips in the following, "How to Go on Ice and Snow". Husky Motors would like to remind all of you, safety first!
Mileage Fee Change Effective July 1, 2015
In order to provide the same quality vehicles and services that the campus community is accustomed to, Husky Motors will be making changes to their rental mileage fees. All rental vehicles will be charged an additional fee per mile for any miles over an average of 200 miles per day. The changes will take effect on July 1, 2015, and in order to ease the financial burden to departments, they will be spread over two years as follows:
FY 2016 10₵ per mile if average daily use is over 200 miles per day
FY 2017 15₵ per mile if average daily use is over 200 miles per day
Please note that monthly rentals have an allowance of 100 mile per day and the additional mileage fees will be calculated based on that.
|Van (12–15 passenger)†||$45.00*||$675.00|
|Pickup (4 x 4)||$48.00*||$730.00|
† Occupancy for fifteen passenger vans is limited to ten occupants, including the driver, for travel outside of a 100-mile radius of campus.
* plus 15₵ per mile if average daily use is over 200 miles per day
There is a delivery charge of $15.00 (each way) of vehicles to the airport for departing/arriving Michigan Tech guests and employees. This charge will be added to the account of the rented vehicle.
Fuel Fill Charge
There is a $4.50 per gallon Fuel Fill Charge, when a vehicle is returned to Husky Motors without a full gas tank.
If the vehicle you pick up from Husky Motors does not have a full gas tank, fill the vehicle immediately at a local gas station. When you return the vehicle to Husky Motors, make the following note under comments on the Key Kiosk: "Filled tank that wasn't full when Picked Up."
Husky Motors will assess a $60/hour cleanup fee for those vehicles brought back with excessive grime, food stains, pet hair/dander, and trash.
Failure to cancel your reservation within 24 hours of scheduled pickup and “no show” will result in a $50 fee.
Lost remote entry transmitter or lost keys; to be determined by dealership.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Have you rented a vehicle recently? Let us know what we're doing right and how we can better serve you in the future. Click here to take the brief survey. Thanks.