- Academic Office Building 112
- Associate Professor of Marketing, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Marketing, State University of New York at Binghamton
- MMR in Marketing Research, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
Dr. Min earned his Ph.D. in Marketing from the State University of New York at Binghamton as well as Master of Marketing Research (MMR) from the Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Prior to entering the Binghamton Ph.D. program Dr. Min was a senior research executive at Nielsen, NY. In his early career in marketing research industry, he also worked for Maritz Marketing Research, MO. Dr. Min continues to serve as a marketing consultant and provide the marketing strategy and the marketing training with small and global firms, governments, and institutions. He brings this practical background to both his research and teaching efforts.
My research focuses on the relationship memory in business-to-business marketing channel relationship (e.g., supplier-manufacturer relationship, manufacturer-reseller relationship, and service agency- buyer relationship). My research projects continue to empirically test the effectiveness of relationship memory in business market management (e.g., the supplier selection decision, the opportunism, the industrial purchasing relationship, the new product performance and innovation, the negotiation strategies, the salesforce control system, and the joint action in technology-intensive market).
Many global consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies greatly need new marketing theories and research methods that are beyond simply discovering the insights from consumer research. With this backdrop, an important trend in marketing research is the experimental marketing research that products and services are tested and evaluated within more realistic environment where our customers really deal with. My research has attempted to support the recent trend and been published and presented in nationally as well as internationally recognized journals and conferences involving Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, Innovative Marketing Journal, Society of Marketing Advances, Advances in Consumer Research, Academy of Marketing Science, MBAA International Conference, Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators, Decision Science Institute, and European Advances in Consumer Research.
- Principles of Marketing
- Business to Business Marketing
- New Product Development and Commercialization
- Marketing Research
- Business-to-business (B2B) marketing strategy
- Applied judgment and decision making
- Dalman, M.D., Min J. (2015), Consumer Information Integration at Pre‐Purchase: A Discrete Choice Experiment," (pp. 287-299), 17, Business Science Reference (IGI Global).
- Min, J., Kwak, K., Lee, J. (2015). "Environmental Uncertainty and Interfirm Controls: The Moderating Effect of Honesty" (vol. 1, 4 #, pp. 22-28) , Journal of Marketing Thought.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., Dalman, M. D (2014) "The Identity Salience and Emotional Attachment Strategies in Alumni-University Relationships,” International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing and Management. 5 (2). 21-37.
- Dalman, M. D., Min, J. (2014) "Marketing Strategy for Unusual Brand Differentiation: Trivial Attribute Effect,” International Journal of Marketing Studies, 6 (5). 63-72.
- Chatterjee, S., Atav, G., Min, J., Taylor, D. W. (2014) “Choosing the Sure Gain and the Sure Loss: Uncertainty Avoidance and the Reflection Effect,” Journal of Consumer Marketing, 31 (5). 351-359.
- Segal, M. N., Min, J. (2014) "An Exploratory Investigation of Marketing Research Services in India,” Academy of Business Disciplines Journal, 6 (2), 1-22.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., Mishra, D. P. (2014) "Modularization as a supplier opportunism safeguard in knowledge process offshoring relationships: theory and empirical evidence,” Problems and Perspective in Management, 12 (2), 153-163.
- Min, J., Park, M., Ryu, S. (2014) "A Guideline for Bank Promotion Concept Development: The Effect on Saving Decision Amount Decision," Society for Marketing Advances.
- Min, J., Dalman, M. D. (2014) "Unusual Product Differentiation: Strategic Use of Trivial Attribute and Separate Evaluation Mode," AMS World Marketing Congress.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., Dalman, M. D. (2014) "Governance Strategy for the Social Relationships between Alumni and Their Alma Mater," Academy of Marketing Science.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., Johnson, D. L. (2014) "The Effect of Bank Marketing Strategy on the Students' Saving Decisions," The Annual Midwest Business Administration Association (MBAA).
- Johnson, D. L., Min, J. (2014) "Individual Savings Decisions Under Mental and Emotional Accounting Rules,” National Business And Economics Society.
- Mishra, D. P., Min, J. (2013) "Uncovering the Effect of Selected Moderators on the Disconfirmation-Satisfaction Relationship: A Meta-Analytic Approach," Innovative Marketing Journal, 9(2), 7-17.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N. (2012) "Relationship Governance for Marketing Research Service Buyer and Provider," Society of Marketing Advances.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N. (2012) "A Study Of Understanding When Technology Attributes Can Increase Preference," Academy of Marketing Science.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., Dalman, M. D. (2012) "No-Opinion" Strategy in Survey Research,” The Annual Midwest Business Administration Association (MBAA).
- Min, J., Mishra, D. P. (2011) "Promoting the Provider Performance in Service B2B Relationships," Society for Marketing Advances.
- Mishra, D. P., Min, J., Dalman, M. D. (2011) "An Empirical Assessment of Stimulus Presentation Mode Bias in Conjoint Analysis," Innovative Marketing Journal 7(4), 108-121.
- Min, J., Dalman, D. M., Lim, T. E. (2011) "Issues in Tech-Attributes in New Product Concept Evaluation: De-Biasing Effects of Choice Based Conjoint," Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators, Best Paper.
- Mishra, D. P., Min, J. (2010) "Analyzing the Relationship Between Dependent and Independent Variables in Marketing: A Comparison of Multiple Regression with Path Analysis," Innovative Marketing 6(3), 113-120.
- Min, J., Segal, M. (2010) "Supplier Opportunism and Relationship Performance in Marketing Research Outsourcing Relationships," Decision Science Institute.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., Dalman, M. D. (2010) "An Application of Conjoint Analysis in the Context of Consumer Evaluation of Co-Branded Products," Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators, Best Paper.