All alumni, Michigan Tech faculty, staff, students, and retirees are welcome to take advantage of these benefits, services, and discount programs. Several of these partner companies provide funds to your Alumni Association as part of this collaboration, helping to support a wide range of programs for alumni and students.
Auto and Home Insurance That Give You Peace of Mind
Liberty Mutual has partnered with Michigan Tech Alumni for more than 20 years to offer alumni exclusive savings on auto and home insurance. This partnership provides financial support for student and alumni programming. A long with quality coverage, expert advice, and personalized service, enjoy valuable and unique benefits, such as Better Car Replacement™, Accident Forgiveness, Home Protector Plus™, and our Multi-Policy Discount. Helping people live safer, more secure lives for more than 100 years, Liberty Mutual is a company you can trust.
Call 844-827-2686 or visit Liberty Mutual to learn more or get a free quote.
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
ASPCA Pet Insurance
Protect your pet’s health and save with a special 5-percent member discount on ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. Those who qualify may save even more with a 10-percent multiple pet discount.
Alumni children and grandchildren are entitled to receive one $50 discount per student each summer for quality learning and exploration programs such as Summer Youth Programs (SYP).
- Michigan Tech Alumni Visa® Rewards—Earn rewards and support Michigan Tech programs.
- Michigan Tech Alumni Legacy Scholarships—Learn about scholarships for your descendants.
Whether your assets are few or many, and no matter how young or old you are, an estate plan is vital. A will is one of the simplest ways to ensure that your intentions will be honored in the event of your passing. This legal document states your wishes about who will inherit your property, who will be the guardian of your children, and who will manage your estate. If you don’t have a will, those decisions are made by the government through the court system.
A good estate plan will provide for and protect your family. The Wills Planner helps you conveniently and quickly gather the information you need to prepare your plan. When completed, the Wills Planner provides you with a detailed report to share with your attorney. It’s also a convenient way to annually update your financial and family information. And rest assured, the planner is confidential. No one but you—not even Michigan Tech—will have access to your use of this software.
Michigan Tech Email Service for Alumni!
Alumni can take advantage of this email service, powered by Google and hosted by your Alumni Association in cooperation with Michigan Tech's Information Technology Services. Access your mail by visiting huskymail.mtu.edu. Students may continue using their email accounts after graduation.
Students are welcome to continue using their “@mtu.edu” email accounts after graduation. Alumni not currently using this perk may also sign up for “firstname.lastname@example.org” email service provided by your Alumni Engagement team in cooperation with Michigan Tech's Information Technology Services.
The service is powered by Google, where email is more intuitive, efficient, and useful.
- Keep unwanted messages out of your inbox with Google's powerful spam-blocking technology.
- Keep any message you might need down the road, and then find it fast with Google search.
- Send mail, read new messages, and search your archives instantly from your mobile phone.
Sign up for your alumni email account today through the MyMichiganTech online community. Once you have set up your “@mtu.edu” email account, you can access your email on the web from anywhere by visiting huskymail.mtu.edu.
This alumni email service is provided by your Michigan Tech Alumni Engagement team in cooperation with Michigan Tech's Information Technology Services. This service includes:
- Comprehensive virus protection and anti-spam software tools
- Message forwarding to another email address
You can access your email account on the web from anywhere by visiting huskymail.mtu.edu or set up your favorite email program (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) to use Michigan Tech's email server.
Employees who are graduates of Michigan Tech may be asked to relinquish their email@example.com email address when they are no longer an employee of the institution. A replacement firstname.lastname@example.org email account can be made available.
Michigan Tech neither sanctions nor censors opinions expressed on its systems; however, there are specific standards of behavior expected in the use of electronic communication services provided by Michigan Tech. You must agree to comply with these policies in order to use the email service.
Users will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the email service or the servers and networks which support the service.
Users may not:
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes such as chain letters. These email messages describe a "get rich quick" or other scheme. The recipients are then asked to forward the message on to more people. These types of messages are illegal and not allowed on the Michigan Tech network.
- Misrepresent yourself or the source of any email (i.e. spoofing).
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email ("spam"). Not only is this a misuse of University resources, but it can also result in external sites "black listing" Michigan Technological University, prohibiting delivery of any future Michigan Tech email messages to that location.
- Sell, exchange or distribute to any third party the email addresses of any person without their consent.
- Transmit another individual's intellectual property or other proprietary information without permission.
- Send unsolicited messages to email addresses belonging to individuals with whom you have no preexisting relationship.
- Conduct a fundraising campaign for any external entity or cause.
Further, users may not:
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene or otherwise objectionable content including pornography.
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- Use your @mtu.edu email account to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Send email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law.
- Send unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers.
- Promote or encourage illegal activity including illegal peer-to-peer file sharing.
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors.
- Message content must not violate the Michigan Tech Policy on Discrimination and Harassment. Harassment via email, as with other avenues of communication, is prohibited.
Your Passwords and Account Security
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with your email account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Michigan Tech immediately at email@example.com.
Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to Michigan Tech for all activities that occur under your account.
Virus Protection and Anti-spam Software
Michigan Tech agrees to provide comprehensive virus protection and anti-spam software tools to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove inappropriate content in order to protect your email account. Messages from sources considered spam sending hosts are not accepted. All other messages are analyzed and if identified as suspected spam, will be quarantined and not delivered to your mailbox. Quarantined messages are retained for a period and may be requested for delivery.
Although we have a very good anti-spam system at Michigan Tech - spammers are tricky and a few spam messages may get through. So, recipients still have to be smart and delete unsolicited offers. To learn more, visit https://emailinfo.mtu.edu/
Consequences for Misuse of Alumni Email
Michigan Tech specifically reserves the right to review messages, files, data and other activity for legitimate purposes during ordinary business operations, emergencies, or if misconduct or abuse is suspected. Accounts found associated with inappropriate activities may be turned off without warning.
Using Michigan Tech resources in a manner that violates the provisions set forth in this policy can lead to permanent revocation of all email and MyMichiganTech privileges. If required under prevailing law and to the extent required under the prevailing law, Michigan Tech will comply with due process rights. However, Michigan Tech reserves the right to immediately suspend any account to protect the integrity of the email system and to curtail abuse.
To the extent computer use is believed to be a violation of federal, state, or local laws, Michigan Tech will turn the matter over to the appropriate authorities.
Anyone who suspects a violation of the email use policy should report the occurrence to the Michigan Tech Office of Alumni Relations or Information Technology Services.