Thank you for your interest in our virtual youth programs! Below are the requirements and forms to complete your enrollment and requirements for participation in our virtual programs.
Students will be asked to meet these minimum technical requirements to participate in a virtual course. Please be prepared to begin your class with these items set up. If there are any additional requirements or supplies needed for your program, an instructor or SYP staff will be in contact prior to your course.
- Make sure you have all of the following: computer or laptop with functioning webcam, stable internet/wifi connection, Chrome web browser, and a Google-accessible email account. Use of headphones is strongly encouraged but not required.
- Download Zoom Client for Meetings
- Optional: download Bitmoji Chrome extension
Please ensure that you have an appropriate background displayed during program sessions. Michigan Tech offers several branded examples that are available for download here.
Courses with Additional Requirements
Electrical and Computer Engineering Requirements
- This program cannot be done on a mobile device only! Participants must have access to a laptop or desktop with a USB port. (Mac users: be aware you may need an adapter to go from USB to USB-C)
- Access to a Gmail account for the duration of the program
- Access to a webcam and microphone (this part could be through a mobile device)
Virtual Enrollment Forms
In order to complete your enrollment, with a parent or guardian, review and e-sign the form below and submit. We request these signed forms at least 2 weeks prior to your program start date.