- Assistant Director
- BA, Graphic Communications, Northern Michigan University
- Amanda is a Upper Peninsula native who attended Hancock High School and received a Bachelor’s degree from Northern Michigan University in Graphic Communications. She joined the Pre-College Outreach team in 2015 and is actively involved in the greater community. This includes a role in the launch and success of the Keweenaw Young Professionals and she is currently serving on the UP Health Systems-Portage Board of Trustees and the City of Hancock Recreation Commission. She also enjoys volunteering with the Community Action Agency and the Western U.P. Food Bank where she offers her marketing and grant writing skills and assists with food distributions and collecting weekly donations.
- Administrative Aide
- BS, English and Art, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Rose worked for 17 years in the banking and investment industry. She joined the CPCO staff in 2001. She has 3 grown children and enjoys all wilderness activities, reading, travel, and perennial gardening.
- Coordinator, Mind Trekkers
- Master of Business Administration, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
- Jannah is a Michigan Tech graduate who was involved with Mind Trekkers throughout her time as a student and is passionate about seeing the organization grow as the Coordinator. In her free time, Jannah enjoys cooking and spending time with her family and friends.
- BS, Medical Laboratory Science, Michigan Technological University
- Lauren is a Michigan Tech graduate who discovered her passion in working with STEM promotion during her summers with the Center for Pre-College Outreach's Summer Youth Programs. In her free time she enjoys hiking, reading, and traveling.
- Assistant Director
- BS, Mathematical Sciences and Social Sciences, Michigan Technological University
- Liz is a proud Michigan Tech graduate ('12). Her work at the Center for Pre-College Outreach has included coordinating Summer Youth Programs, managing local outreach events, administering the GEAR UP grant, and assisting with Mind Trekkers events. Liz is actively involved in both Michigan Tech and the greater community, including as a board member of the Keweenaw Waterway Lighthouse Conservancy. She is currently pursuing an EdM through the University of Illinois. Liz is an avid reader, enjoys spending time in the garden, and loves adventuring in the Keweenaw.
- Director, Center for Pre-College Outreach
Driven by relationships and a vision where every student has the right to a robust, authentic, immersive education experience, Cody has worked in higher education since 2008. In addition to leading the Center for Pre-College Outreach, he serves as Michigan Tech liaison to numerous industry partners, including Dow, Bosch, 3M and Boston Scientific. Cody serves on numerous institutional committees, including as a Logistics Section Chief of Incident Command, and represents the university on the Michigan College Access Higher Education Advisory Board. The proud husband and father of two girls, spends his free time enjoying new coffee and traveling with his family.
Each summer, Youth Programs hires approximately 80-100 summer employees (residence hall staff and instructors) to help us to provide a safe and enjoyable summer for all of our participants. Employees are primarily undergraduate and graduate students and teachers. Our summer staff is an enthusiastic group with a passion to impact the lives of each of our participants. If you are interested in working for Summer Youth Programs, you can learn more on the employment page.