The Michigan Tech Testing Center provides the highest quality testing services for instructors, staff, students, and guests. We provide a secure and comfortable testing environment and services, designed to support personal and professional educational goals.
- The Testing Center is currently providing accommodated exams both in-person and with remote proctoring (via Zoom) for Michigan Tech exams.
The Michigan Tech Testing Center is committed to creating a safe, accommodating, quiet environment where students of any background can thrive. We make every effort possible to cater to the individual needs of each of our students while maintaining the highest level of academic integrity. Through feedback from students, professors, and staff, we continuously improve our policies and procedures to make things more efficient and deliver the best experience possible for our testers. The Testing Center adheres to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Testing Center Locations
- Rekhi 215 is the new main testing center with 30 seats (15 seats during Covid social distancing restrictions) for students needing accommodated exams, exams for online courses, and make up exams.
- Video monitoring covers all the stations and lockers are available to store testing candidates personal belongings.
- This facility strives to meet the National Collegiate Testing Association (NCTA) standards.
As of May 2021, the Michigan Tech Testing Center was awarded Test Center Certification
by the National College Testing Association (NCTA). Criteria for certification are
rigorous and are based on the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines, which were
developed to guide post-secondary test centers in the delivery of quality testing
- The Library Testing Center will continue to operate as the location of commercial exams.
Testing Center Hours
Additional hours may be arranged for special needs or to accommodate evening exams or a large number of examinees. Contact the Testing Center at 906-487-1001 or email email@example.com to set up a time.
- Rekhi 215: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m - 9:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Library 226: Only open when needed for commercial exams
- Library 226 only: Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If Michigan Tech is closed due to inclement weather, the Testing Center will be closed also. If you were scheduled for a proctored exam during this closure, please contact the instructor to reschedule the exam. A commercial exam must be rescheduled through the commercial organization.