The President's Council on Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness is charged with reviewing programs and education, assessment, policy, and reporting requirements for Student Health and Well-being programming. Focusing on health and wellness initiatives, The President's Council on Health, Wellness and Mindfulness will provide feedback on past and future programs to build a student-driven, prevention conscious culture at Michigan Tech.
Goals for the President's Council on Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness for 2019-2020:
Update Alcohol And Other Drug Programs and educational elements
- Work with the JED Campus Committee to improve and strengthen Mental Health Programming and Needs.
- Educate on the importance of Nutritional and Physical Activity, identifying needs and barriers on campus.
- Educate on Sexual Health and Healthy relationships
- Have a Member of the Student Health and Wellness Advisory Council attend meetings and give suggestions to the PCHWM on future initiatives.
- Meet two times each semester
EverFI: Alcohol Edu for College
All new Michigan Tech students are required to complete Alcohol Edu For College, a comprehensive course that covers the areas of choosing not to/to drink, being a responsible adult, looking out for one another, physiological effects of alcohol and when to ask for help. Beginning August 1 an email will be sent to all incoming first year students permitting access to the course.