Our faculty works is at the forefront of research. They regularly author and contribute to a major publications in their fields—throughout their careers including their tenures at Michigan Tech. Select a faculty member to view some of the most recent publications.
Guy C. Hembroff
- Wang, X., Hembroff, G. C., Bai, Y., 2013 USENIX Summit for Educators in System Administration (SESA ’13), “ITSEED: Development of Instructional Laboratories for IT Security Education” USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association, Washington, D.C., USA. (November 5, 2013)
- Levin, E., Hembroff, G. C. (2012). Open photogrammetry concept of open-source free collaborative framework (1st ed., vol. 1, pp. 125-137). Novosibirsk: VIII International Scientific Congress Geo-Siberia 2012.
- Gao, C., Hembroff, G. C. (2012). “Implications of Modified Waterfall Model to the Roles and Education of Health IT Professionals.” 7th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Business-driven IT Management 2012.
- Wang, X., Hembroff, G. C., Cerier, A. B., Perrault, B. W. (2011). “Introducing cloud computing with a senior design project in undergraduate education of computer system and network administration.” Proceedings of the 2011 ACM conference on Information Technology Education, SIGITE’11 (pp. 177-182). New York, NY: ACM.
- Hembroff, G. C. , ACM USENIX HealthSec 2011, “Providing an additional factor for patient identification based on digital fingerprint” Usenix, San Francisco. (August 2011).
Xiaoyong (Brian) Yuan
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Xiyao Ma, Lan Zhang, Yuguang Fang, Dapeng Wu, "Beyond Class-Level Privacy Leakage: Breaking Record-Level Privacy in Federated Learning," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2021.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Lei Ding, Malek Ben Salem, Xiaolin Li, Dapeng Wu, “Connecting Web Event Forecasting with Anomaly Detection: A Case Study on Enterprise Web Applications Using Self-Supervised Neural Networks,” EAI SecureComm, 2020.
- Ruimin Sun, Marcus Botacin, Nikolaos Sapountzis, Xiaoyong Yuan, Matt Bishop, Donald E Porter, Xiaolin Li, Andre Gregio, Daniela Oliveira, “A Praise for Defensive Programming: LeveragingUncertainty for Effective Malware Mitigation,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), 2020.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Pan He, Xiaolin Li, “Adaptive Adversarial Attack on Scene Text Recognition,” The 8th International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Big Data (BigSecurity 2020), INFOCOM, 2020.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Pan He, Qile Zhu, Xiaolin Li, “Adversarial Examples: Attacks and Defenses for Deep Learning,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS), 2019.
- Xiaoyong Yuan*, Zheng Feng*, Matthew Norton, Xiaolin Li, “Generalized Batch Normalization: Towards Accelerating Deep Neural Networks,” AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2019.
- Yinan Zhao, Jian Ge, Xiaoyong Yuan, Tiffany Zhao, Cindy Wang, Xiaolin Li, “Identifying Mg ii narrow absorption lines with deep learning,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2019.
- Chuanhuang Li, Yan Wu, Xiaoyong Yuan, Zhengjun Sun, Weiming Wang, Xiaolin Li, Liang Gong, “Detection and defense of DDoS attack–based on deep learning in OpenFlow-based SDN,” International Journal of Communication Systems, 2018.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Chuanhuang Li, Xiaolin Li, “DeepDefense: Identifying DDoS Attack via Deep Learning,” IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP), 2017.
- Ruimin Sun, Xiaoyong Yuan, Andrew Lee, Matt Bishop, Donald E. Porter, Xiaolin Li, Andre Gregio and Daniela Oliveira, “The Dose Makes the Poison - Leveraging Uncertainty for Effective Malware Detection,” IEEE Conference on Dependable and Secure Computing (DSC), 2017.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Min Li, Sudeep Gaddam, Xiaolin Li, Yinan Zhao, Jingzhe Ma, Jian Ge, “DeepSky: Identifying Absorption Bumps via Deep Learning,” IEEE International Congress on Big Data (BigData Congress), 2016.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Long Wang, Tiancheng Liu, Yue Zhang, “A Methodology for Continuous Evaluation of Cloud Resiliency,” American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2016.
- Hongyan Tang, Ying Li, Tong Jia, Xiaoyong Yuan, Zhonghai Wu, “Time Series Based Killer Task Online Recognition Service: A Google Cluster Case Study,” International Conference on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE), 2016.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Hongyan Tang, Ying Li, Tong Jia, Tiancheng Liu, Zhonghai Wu, “A Competitive Penalty Model for Availability Based Cloud SLA,” IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD), 2015.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Ying Li, Tong Jia, Tiancheng Liu, Zhonghai Wu, “An Analysis on Availability Commitment and Penalty in Cloud SLA,” Annual International Computers, Software & Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 2015.
- Xiaoyong Yuan, Ying Li, Zhonghai Wu, Tiancheng Liu, “Dependability Analysis on OpenStack IaaS Cloud: Bug Analysis and Fault Injection,” IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CLOUDCOM), 2014.