George W. Swenson
- BS Electrical Engineering 1944
- MS Electrical Engineering 0
- PhD Electrical Engineering 0
Dr. Swenson held faculty positions at Washington University, the University of Alaska, and Michigan State University before joining the University of Illinois in 1956. George served as Director of the Vermilion River Observatory and Head of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering before retiring from the Illinois faculty in 1988. He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering, a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and, in 1984, was awarded the Distinguished Service Citation by the University of Wisconsin College of Engineering.
From 1996 Induction to the Department of Electrical Engineering Academy