- Chem Sci 701C
- Research Assistant Professor
- PhD, Chemistry, Michigan Technological University
- M.S., Chemistry, Zhejiang University
- B.E., Chemical Engineering, Southwest University for Nationalities
- Design, synthesis and characterization of polymeric biomaterials to engineer elastomers, hydrogels, and nanomaterials
- Biomaterials/cell interactions and biological properties in vitro and in vivo
- Synthetic vascular grafts and drug delivery systems for arterial regeneration and ischemia
- Risley, Brandon B.§; Ding, Xiaochu§; Chen, Ying; Miller, Paula; Wang, Yadong*. “Citrate crosslinked poly(glycerol sebacate) with tunable elastomeric properties”. Macromolecular Bioscience, 2020, accepted.
- Chen, Ying; Miller, Paula G.; Ding, Xiaochu; Stowell, Chelsea E.T.; Kelly, Katie M.; Wang, Yadong*. “Chelation crosslinking of elastomers”. Advanced Materials, 2020, 32: 2003761.
- Li, Hui; Herck, Simon Van; Liu, Yongjun; Hao, Yanyun; Ding, Xiaochu; Nuhn, Lutz; Zhong, Zifu; Combes, Francis; Sanders, Niek N.; Lienenklaus, Stefan; Koker, Stefaan D.; David, Sunil A.; Wang, Yadong; De Geest, Bruno G.; Zhang, Zhiyue. “Imidazoquinoline-conjugated degradable coacervate conjugate for local cancer immunotherapy.” ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering, 2020, 6(9): 4993.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Chen, Ying; Chao, Corson; Wu, Yen-Lin; Wang, Yadong*. “Control the mechanical properties and degradation of poly(glycerol sebacate) by substitution of the hydroxyl groups with palmitates”. Macromolecular Bioscience, 2020, 20(9): 2000101.
- Fu, Jiayin; Ding, Xiaochu; Stowell, Chelsea E.T.; Wu, Yen-Lin; Wang, Yadong*. “Slow degrading poly(glycerol sebacate) derivatives improve vascular graft remodeling in a rat carotid artery interposition model”. Biomaterials, 2020, 257: 120251.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Gao, Jin; Acharya, Abhinav P; Little, Steven R.; Wang, Yadong*. “Azido-functionalized polyurethane designed for making tunable elastomers by click chemistry.” ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2020, 6 (2): 852.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Miller, Paula G.; Hwang, Mintai Peter; Fu, Jiayin; Wang, Yadong*. “Scale-up synthesis of a polymer designed for protein therapy.” European Polymer Journal, 2019, 117: 353.
- Lee, Kee-Won; Gade, Piyusha S; Dong, Liwei; Zhang, Zhaoxiang; Aral, Ali Mobin; Gao, Jin; Ding, Xiaochu et. al. “A biodegradable synthetic graft for small arteries matches the performance of autologous vein in rat carotid arteries.” Biomaterials, 2018, 181: 67.
- Hwang, Mintai Peter; Ding, Xiaochu; Gao, Jin; Acharya, Abhinav P.; Little, Steven R; Wang, Yadong*. “A biocompatible betaine-functionalized polycation for coacervation.” Soft Mater, 2018, 14 (3): 387.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Wu, Yen-Lin, Gao, Jin; Wells, Albin; Lee, Keewon; Wang, Yadong*. “Tyramine functionalization of poly(glycerol sebacate) increases the elasticity of the polymer.” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, 5: 6097.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Wang, Yadong*. “Weak bond-based injectable and stimuli responsive hydrogels for biomedical applications.” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, 5 (5): 887 (Invited Review, selected as a hot article by this journal)
- Acharya, Abhinav P; Sinha, Mantosh; Ratay, Michelle L; Ding, Xiaochu; Balmert, Stephen C; Workman, Creg J; Wang, Yadong; Vignali, Dario A A; Little, Steve R*. “Localized multi-component delivery platform generates local and systemic anti-tumor immunity.” Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, 27 (5): 1604366.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Gao, Jin; Wang, Zhouguang; Awada, Hassan; Wang, Yadong*. “A shear-thinning hydrogel that extends in vivo bioactivity of FGF2.” Biomaterials, 2016, 111: 80.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Gao, Jin; Awada, Hassan; Wang, Yadong*. “Dual physical dynamic bond-based injectable and biodegradable hydrogel for tissue regeneration.” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2016, 4 (6): 1175.
- Wang, Yadong*; Friberg, Thomas R*; Sinha, Mantosh; Awada, Hassan; Ding, Xiaochu. “An injectable, biodegradable, and biocompatible reverse thermal gel designed for controlled intra-vitreal drug delivery.” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2016, 57 (12).
- Ding, Xiaochu; Vegesna, Giri K.; Meng, Hao; Winter, Audra; Lee, Bruce P.*. “Nitro-group functionalization of dopamine and its contribution to the viscoelastic properties of catechol-containing nanocomposite Hydrogels.” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 2015, 216: 1109.
- Yang, Ying; Ding, Xiaochu; Urban, Marek W*. “Chemical and physical aspects of self-healing materials.” Progress in Polymer Science, 2015, 49: 34.
- Xiang, Xu; Ding, Xiaochu*; Moser, Trevor; Gao, Qi; Shokuhfar, Tolou; Heiden, Patricia A*. “Peptidedirected self-assembly of polymeric nanoparticles part II: Effects of nanoparticle composition on assembly behavior and multiple drug loading ability.” Macromolecular Bioscience, 2015, 15 (4): 568.
- Xiang, Xu; Ding, Xiaochu; Chen, Ning; Zhang, Beilu; Heiden, Patricia A*. “End group polarity and block symmetry effects on cloud point and hydrodynamic diameter of thermoresponsive block copolymers.” Journal of Polymer Science, Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 2015, 53 (24): 2838.
- Ding, Xiaochu*; Janjanam, Jagadeesh; Thompson, Marty; Tiwari, Ashutosh; Heiden, Patricia A*. “Peptide-directed self-assembly of polymeric nanoparticles part I: Design and self-assembly of peptidecopolymer conjugates into nanoparticle fibers and 3D scaffolds.” Macromolecular Bioscience, 2014, 14 (6): 853.
- Ding, Xiaochu*; Heiden, Patricia A*. “Recent developments in molecularly imprinted nanoparticles by surface imprinting techniques.” Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 2014, 299 (3): 268.
- Jin, Dalai; Liu, Ruirui; Ding, Xiaochu et al. “Fabrication and electrochemical performance of nanofibrous micro-frameworks of a-MnO2.” Particuology, 2014, 17: 54.
- Ding, Xiaochu; Meneses, Martha Barajas; Richter, Dana L.; Heiden, Patricia A*. “Comparison of leaching of copper oxide nanoparticles and ammoniacal copper salt from wood.” Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 2013, 289 (12): 1335.
- Ding, Xiaochu*; Richter, Dana L.; Matuana, Laurent M.; Heiden, Patricia A*. “Efficient one-pot synthesis and loading of self-assembled amphiphilic chitosan nanoparticles for low-leaching wood preservation.” Carbohydrate Polymers, 2011, 86 (1): 58.